Difference between Replica, Semi Pro and Authentic Jerseys.
A foolproof guide to knowing the difference between a Semi-Pro and Authentic NHL Ice Hockey Jersey, although the rules generally apply to most other hockey jerseys.
- Semi Pro Jerseys made by CCM/Koho have a middle weight Air-Knit® fabric is a mid-weight version of CCM's Authentic On-Ice Air-Knit® game jerseys
- Authentic Jerseys made by CCM/KOHO/Reebok patented Pro- HEAVY Weight Air-Knit® 100% polyester.
- Semi Pro Jerseys elbows and shoulders are NOT reinforced. Single layered jersey.
- Authentic Jerseys have double padded elbows and shoulders AND Reinforced stitching on all seams and hems, underarm gussets
- Semi Pro Jerseys have chest & shoulder logos (where applicable) feature a combination of screen printing, embroidery and appliqué twill.
- Authentic Jerseys have chest & shoulder crests on Pro Size tackle twill with embroidery Z-stitched directly onto jersey. EVERYTHING IS SEWN INTO THESE JERSEYS!
Most people have Semi-Pro jerseys without realising it; i.e. they think they have replica jerseys. Semi-pro jerseys are the most accessible and widely purchased of all jerseys. However, even though they are made by CCM/Koho, they are NOT the same ones worn by the players on the ice.
- Semi Pro Jerseys have CCM/KOHO® rink neck label (Grey). They usually say 'Official Licensed Jersey'. Be wary of any other REPLICA brands of jersey (such as Starter and Pro Player).
- Authentic / Game Jerseys have NHL Centre Ice Collection neck label (Blue), CCM/KOHO/REEBOK Authentic On-Ice Game Jersey neck label. The label should say 'Authentic On Ice Apparel'.
- Semi Pro Jerseys are sized Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large etc.
Authentic / Game Jerseys are sized 44, 48, 52, 56, 60 etc.
- Semi Pro Jerseys have CCM / KOHO woven patch on the back of the neck.
- Authentic Jerseys have REEBOK / CCM / KOHO woven patch EMBROIDERED into the back of the neck.
- Semi Pro Jerseys have NHL PUCK LOGO (not NHL Platinum Shield). Be very wary of jerseys that have no NHL logo at all!
- Authentic Jerseys have NHL PLATINUM SHIELD LOGO (not NHL Puck)
- Semi Pro Jerseys have embroidered patch featured on lower left sleeve
- Authentic Jerseys DO NOT have sleeve logos.
- Semi Pro Jerseys have no Fight Strap.
- Authentic / Game Jerseys have Fight strap attached inside back of jersey.
View my full guide by clicking the link below if you still are not sure:
Similarly, if you are having difficulty trying to find the right sized hockey jersey, go to my Hockey Jersey Sizing Page:
If you have found this guide helpful, please click 'Yes' on the button below so that others can view this and share the knowledge.