Scran is a UK charity which provides access to digital files representing material culture and history. It is based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Free users may download thumbnails of images while subscribers may download larger images. A licencing scheme operates to protect the rights of the many contributors to Scran. Users may purchase access on the Scran site at www.scran.ac.uk.
Check the menu item About Scran on the Scran Website for details on:
* full intellectual property rights information
* contact details
* how to legitimately buy Scran images
Terms and Conditions Please note that all Scran use is for Private, Personal, Educational use. You MUST NOT:
* provide Scran resources to any other unlicensed party
* put Scran resources on any website including ebay
* sell Scran images
* sell items containing images from Scran
All Scran images are hidden watermarked linked to the user's identity. That means we can trace images back. Breach of licence will result in legal action.
Digital Images and The Scran Trust
Views 1 Like Comments Comment
12 July 2006
Have something to share, create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides