Tips and Tricks!
You will need:
False Nail Aftercare:
- Nail file
- Cuticle pusher or orange stick
- 180-240 grit nail buffer (a nail ‘shiner’ will not work as it won’t be coarse enough)
- Nail prep solution (I recommend Gellux Profile Prep+Wipe)
- Cotton pads
- False nail glue (I recommend Kiss Maximum Speed)
- Select the false nails that you are going to use by fitting them onto your nails (without glue!) and choosing the ones that cover your whole nail without touching your skin. If you are in between sizes; choose the larger nail size and use a nail file to file the edges until the nail fits perfectly.
- Once you have chosen your nails, line them up in the correct order so that they are ready to apply.
- Use a cuticle pusher or orange stick to push back your cuticles. TIP: You may use a cuticle softener to make this easier.
- Use a nail buffer to smooth your nails and remove any oil from the surface.
- Pour some nail prep solution onto a cotton pad and wipe the dust off your nails.
- Apply a small amount of false nail glue to one of your nails and spread it over the whole nail using the nozzle or an orange stick. Place the false nail accurately on top of the glue and press down firmly. Hold it in place for 10 seconds before moving onto the next nail. TIP: I recommend that you start with the little finger on your dominant hand. This makes application easier as you can apply the nails using your non-dominant hand when you haven’t got false nails on already.
False Nail Aftercare:
- Avoid using your nails as tools (e.g. to open drinks cans).
- Wear gloves whenever your hands may come into contact with chemicals.
- Avoid soaking your nails in water as this will soften the glue.
- Soak your fingers in warm water or acetone nail polish remover for 2-3 minutes (or until the nails loosen) and use an orange stick to gently lift the nails off. Use a course grit buffer to remove any glue from your own nails.
- NOTE: Using acetone nail polish remover will damage the false nails so that they won’t be reuse-able. I do not recommend that you apply another set of false nails or paint your nails immediately after removal; allow your nails at least 48 hrs to recover.