Here are some simple things to try if you are having problems getting your Megadrive working.
- Firstly make sure that all leads are connected securely. This is especially important in the case of Megadrive II RF leads. It is an easy oversight to make thinking that the connecter is in the socket when actually it is not all the way in. Make sure you push them firmly in.
- Once everything is connected correctly make sure that there is power. Megadrives do have power indicator lights on them but please remember that these consoles are 15 years old so the lights may no be working, a good seller will list any minor problems like this.
- Megadrives go through the RF input on your TV. This input is not the same as SCART or PHONO where you just turn the TV to the appropriate AV channel. You need to tune a spare channel into the RF frequency of the Megadrive the same way you would tune in a normal TV channel.
- If all of the above is okay but you still do not get any joy when trying to play a game or the game freezes, again please remember the age of this classic console. They would have probably been stored away in the attic, under the bed, in the garage and so may have got dusty. Try giving both the cartridge slot on the Megadrive and the connecter edge on the cartridge a good blow out or try wiping the connecter edge with an anti-static wipe.
- If all of the above fails then there is more than likely a fault with the console or the game. To rule out either try several games. If all fail it will be the console but if only one fails it will be the game.
At 8 Bit Heaven we test and clean all of our hardware, games and accessories prior to listing them. They are then tested again prior to dispatch. We appreciate that without you, the customer, we would not be able to what we love so much. It is with this in mind that we do take the time to make sure that all of our items reach you in exactly the condition that they are described in the auction.
We hope that this guide was useful and wish you many happy hours of RETRO GAMING.
Please click the following link to view our Megadrive items for sale.