How to fit your clip-in extensions:
* Before fitting, straighten your own hair. This will effect a more natural integration/blending of your own hair with the extensions.
* Prior to commencing fitting, practice opening and closing the extension ‘snap clips’. Use both thumbs, and index fingers, to apply firm pressure to the clip ends. Leave each one in its open state, in preparation for fitting.
* Always insert the extensions from the bottom of the head and work up.
* Use the longer lengths for the back of the head (base, middle and top) and the shorter lengths at the side.
1. Starting at the lower back section of your head, use a tail comb to divide (horizontally part) your hair, at the lower back of the head i.e. just below one ear to the second ear.
2. Clip your remaining hair, firmly on the top of your head, to keep it out of the way as you fit the wefts.
3. Next take one of the wider hair wefts and insert the opened centre clip just below the parting. Insert the snap clip on your hair not on the raw scalp. Snap the clip shut, so it grips your hair. Repeat with the remaining clips.
* The clip-in weft hair extension should be fully stretched out with the hair weft as parallel as possible to the parting you made. Check for lumps and gaps and if you can feel bad positioning of the hair weft then undo the offending clips and reposition them until the weft feels correct and is as flat as practical to the scalp.
4. Release the hair you held out of the way and create a new parting. To do this, comb down a layer of hair, with about half an inch or so between each weft layer. Each time secure the surplus hair, on top of your head.
5. Now insert the remaining wefts in the same manner as above. Repeat the process with a new parting above each weft extension.
6. Insert and position the side pieces so they frame the face and blend with your own hair.
7. Ensure your own hair is combed over the weft and the clips so that the hair looks natural. I have found this is one case where a little backcombing (use a fine bristle brush on the underside of the hair) on the final smooth over layer of your own hair can be useful to give a little body. Do this before finally smoothing the hair.