This USB driver is supported on Windows 98/2000/ME/XP. Not supported on Windows 95/98 First Edition and Windows NT.
Follow the steps below to install driver of USB Data Cable:
1. Switch on your computer and make sure the USB port is in working condition
2. Plug in the USB Data Cable to the USB port, the computer will auto-detect new hardware.
3. A popup window "Add New Hardware Wizard" will show up on screen.
4. The wizard advises you that window has found the new hardware "usb data cable".
5. Click "Next" button for the wizard to auto-detect and install driver and copy necessary files to your hard disk.
6. Click "Finish" button to complete the first driver installation.
7. A new popup window will show up asking you to install new hardware "usb data cable" again.
8. Follow the instruction and go through the whole process again.
9. When Windows has finished installing the driver, go to "Start" -> "Settings" -> "Control Panel"
10. Click on "SYSTEM" icon from "Control Panel"
11. From the popup window, click on "Device Manager" tab and expend the "Ports (COM & LPT)" item.
12. Check the serial port number assigned by Windows to this USB [e.g. USB Data Cable (COM3)].
13. Continue to install the phone software according to your phone model and requirement.
14. During phone software installation, when ask which "COM Port" is used to connect to phone, provide the Port number you identified on step "12" [e.g. COM3].
15. Reboot you computer when software installation is completed.
HOW TO INSTALL A MOBILE PHONE DATACABLE
Views 52 Likes Comments Comment
3 February 2006
Have something to share, create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides