Firstly, I must apologise to all those who have purchased these instructions from me over the past few months.
From May this year, Ebay revised their Downloadable Media Policy & decided to ban all digitally delivered items. This meant that the instructions that I have been successfully emailing to people were now banned from being delivered by email. I could have elected to print each set out & post them to buyers, but to be perfectly honest this would be both time consuming & an unnecessary use of resources (printer ink, paper, envelopes etc.) so I decided to simply stop listing in order to be a good boy & comply with the policies.
Unfortunately, not all members are as good at sticking to the rules as myself & several are still listing on a nudge, nudge, wink, wink, "I won’t actually state that I email the instructions even though I do" basis. This guide is dedicated to these members.
It would seem that the only way to make sure everybody sticks to the rules is to make sure that the information is made available to all, so rather than paying for the instructions to be emailed, here they are for free:
Programming of Infra Red Remote Controls
NOTE : Maximum of 3 can be programmed.
NOTE : Please ensure time delays are maintained, otherwise procedure will not be completed correctly.
1. Turn ignition ON.
2. Within 4 seconds push the transmitter button aiming the transmitter at the receiver unit above the rear view mirror.
3. Within 4 second turn ignition OFF.
4. For additional remote controls repeat steps 1 to 4 within 4 seconds of programming the last remote control.
5. Turn ignition ON.
6. Within 4 seconds push the transmitter button aiming the transmitter at the receiver unit above the rear view mirror.
7. The door actuator should operate.
8. Within 8 seconds aim the first remote control at the receiver and press the transmitter button.
9. The door actuator should operate.
10. Within 8 seconds aim the second remote control at the receiver and press the transmitter button.
11. The door actuator should operate.
12. Within 8 seconds aim the third remote control at the receiver and press the transmitter button.
13. Turn ignition OFF, and remove key.
14. Confirm all remote controls operate.
NOTE: You must have all of the remotes for the vehicle on hand. Make sure all the doors and rear hatch/bootlid are closed during programming. You only need to use 1 remote to get into program mode but all remotes must be programmed during the same session. Each step must be completed within 5 seconds.
1. Sit in the car with all doors/bootlid tightly closed
2. Turn the key to the ON position, marked by "II" on the ignition bezel so the dash lights come on, then within 5 seconds press the "Lock" button on the remote for 1 second or so and release the button.
3. Turn the key to the OFF position, marked by "I" on the ignition bezel - dash lights go off.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 three more times (A total of 4 times) - each step must be done within 5 seconds of the previous step.
5. Upon the 4th turning of the key to "ON", press the lock button on one remote, the locks will make a cycling sound (clunk), locks will NOT lock or unlock at this point, they will just make a noise. The system is now in programming mode. Do not turn key off.
6. Within 5 seconds of entering programming mode and within 5 seconds of each other, press the lock button ON EACH remote you are programming, for a second or so and release. This step needs to be completed within 10 seconds. Each time a remote button is pushed, the locks should cycle. Up to 3 remotes can be programmed.
7. Turn ignition completely off and remove the key. Step out of car and close door. The remotes should be programmed and should work. If you have a bootlid/hatch release, the button for this feature needs to be held for a few seconds before the bootlid/hatch will "pop".
Rover type 2 button remote - Please note that new & secondhand fobs CANNOT be programmed to another car without dealer attention!
Unlock the car using the key, then operate the lock button on the handset at least 4 times.
Unlock the car using the key, then press lock & unlock buttons alternately several times
1. Lock car by using key in lock
2. Move out of range and press button on fob for 5 secs.
3. Unlock car door with key but do not open door
4. Standing near the vehicle, press the dotted button 4 times very quickly, the door should lock
5. Then press the unlock button and door should unlock.