Plenty to Choose From
This guide takes you through some of the variety of stickers available, and how to purchase them on eBay.
Types of Sticker Backings
There are 3 different types of sticker backings:
- Permanent – Stickers with this type of backing are not intended to be removed after application. If stickers with a permanent backing are removed, they may become damaged, and will leave the surface to which they are stuck sticky.
- Removable – Stickers with this type of backing are intended to be removed after application. Once removed from the surface to which they have been applied, no sticky mess if left behind. Stickers with a removable backing are low tack which means that the bond breaks easily.
- Reusable – Stickers with this type of backing are low tack meaning that the bond breaks repeatedly. By breaking repeatedly, the sticker can be repositioned and reapplied.
Types of Stickers
Available in a wide range of shapes, sizes, colours, designs, and materials, stickers can be either artistic or functional.
Made of paper, plastic, or fabric, stickers are most commonly used for decorative purposes; however, they also have functional uses, such as packing and postage labels.
Children’s Reward Stickers
From pre-school through to primary school, children’s reward stickers are colourful, fun, and most of all, they encourage positive behaviour. Often used at kids clubs or events, children’s reward stickers are given to reward effort and achievement.
Letter stickers are often used to design homemade cards, create posters, or personalise the home. Letter stickers are also commonly used in wedding planning for use in designing invitations and other wedding stationary.
Made up of multiple layers which create a stunning 3D effect, 3D stickers are often used when decorating birthday cards and other special occasion cards.
3D stickers are frequently used by hobby enthusiasts when personalising items, such as calendars, and accessorising gift wrapping. 3D stickers are also commonly found in the albums of sticker collectors.
Décor Wall Stickers
Wall stickers look sensational wherever they’re placed. Available in a range of designs and colours, décor wall stickers are used to transform the style and feel of any room within the home. Seen as a cost effective way to modernise the home, wall stickers are easily applied, and are a decorative way of transforming the look and feel of a room.
A favourite of craft lovers, glitter stickers are often used to decorate cards, posters, party invitations, and many other craft creations. Without the mess of glue, glitter stickers are a fun, sparkly way to add an individual touch to crafts.
Glow in the Dark Stickers
Glow in the dark stickers are often used as a means of encouraging children to spend the night in their own room. Whether placed on the walls or ceiling, glow in the dark stickers are seen as an exciting addition to any kid’s bedroom, and are available in a variety of themes such as space, dinosaurs, or Disney.
Commonly used to keep children entertained, foam stickers have a self-adhesive backing which children enjoy sticking onto cards, pictures, and other crafts. Available in a range of bright colours and shiny finishes, foam stickers are often used to add the finishing touch to collages, as well as other arts and crafts.
Incredibly popular, car stickers are seen as a fun way to customise a vehicle. Drivers often apply humorous bumper stickers in order to make fellow road users laugh. Drivers also choose to show their patriotism by putting a national flag window sticker on their vehicle. They also often choose to show support for a favourite or local football or rugby team by displaying the club badge on their car.
Nail Art Stickers
Incredibly popular with teenagers, nail art stickers are available in a variety of designs, colours, and styles. Common styles and designs include: black and white stickers, French manicure stickers, flower stickers, glitter and metallic stickers, seasonal stickers, and Rhinestone stickers.
Considered one of the simplest methods of creating stunning nail designs, nail art stickers are easily applied. To apply nail art stickers,, tweezers should be used to place the chosen design on the nail. Once in the final position, a protective layer of clear nail varnish should be applied over the top to create a seal.
For a longer lasting finish, nail art stickers can be encased in gel or acrylic.
Types of Sticker Faces
There are 3 different types of sticker faces:
- The most common kind of sticker face is that of the printed sticker face. This type of sticker is purchased by consumers because of its design, which isn’t intended to be customised by the user.
- Designed to be edited by the user, writable stickers are often used for functional purposes. For example, writable stickers can be used to label boxes and cartons with specific information. However, writable stickers are not always intended for functional uses. They can also be used for decorative purposes, and can be personalised as required by the user.
- Similar to that of writable stickers, printable sticker faces are designed to be edited, and can be done so using a laser printer as they are in a format that allows them to be fed through the printer. These stickers can be customised in any way the user desires. A common example of printable stickers is shipping labels.
What are Stickers Used for?
In business environments, stickers are often used to label packages, envelopes, and products. In supermarkets, groceries are commonly labelled with stickers to identify their price or sell-by-date. In the home, stickers are frequently used to organise items. They are also used for recreational purposes such as decorating, collecting, and scrapbooking.
Sticker collecting is a popular hobby, especially amongst children. Similar to collecting stamps, stickers are placed inside an album to create a collection. Stickers are often swapped between collectors.
In What Form are Stickers Sold?
Stickers are most commonly sold by the sheet or roll; however, they can also be purchased individually. It is also possible to buy stickers by the box. These are often bought by users who require large quantities such as printable labels.
Why Choose eBay for Stickers?
eBay is a popular place for users to purchase stickers, mainly due to the diverse selections available in the crafts, home décor, and vehicle graphics departments, and low prices not found elsewhere.
How to Search for Stickers on eBay
Now that you’ve found out about the many different types of stickers available, you can now begin your search on eBay. To start your search, go to the All Categories link on the homepage of eBay. Click Crafts,, and then select Stickers under Children’s Crafts..
Search eBay listing titles for specific words. For example, if you want to find glittery stickers, type the keywords "glittery stickers" (without quotation marks) into the Search box. Click, "Search title and description" to expand your results. Visit eBay's Search Tips page for more tips on searching with keywords.
If you can't find exactly what you want, try browsing eBay Stores or tell the eBay Community what you’re looking for by creating a post on Want It Now, or save a search on My eBay and eBay will email you when a matching item becomes available.
Buy Stickers on eBay with Confidence
Make sure that you know exactly what you’re buying and that you understand how eBay and PayPal protect you.
Know your item
Read the details in the item listing carefully.
Remember to add delivery costs to your final price. If you’re buying a high value item, check that the seller will insure it until it is delivered to you.
If you want more information, click the “Ask seller a question” button on the seller’s profile or the “Ask a question” link at the bottom of the item listing page.
Always complete your transaction on eBay (with a bid, Buy it Now or Best Offer) otherwise you will not be covered by eBay Buyer Protection.
Never pay for your eBay item using an instant cash wire transfer service like Western Union or MoneyGram. These are not safe ways of paying someone you do not know.
Know your seller
Research your seller so that you feel safe and positive about every transaction.
- What is the seller’s Feedback rating?
- How many transactions have they completed?
- How many positive responses do they have?
- What do buyers say in their Feedback?
- Are they positive about the seller?
Most top eBay sellers operate like retail shops and have a returns policy.
- Do they offer a money-back guarantee?
- What are their terms and conditions?
In the very unlikely event that you do not receive your item or it is not as described, eBay Buyer Protection covers your purchase price plus original delivery cost.