How to report a counterfeit / pirate / fake CD Seller.

Views 9 Likes Comments Comment
Like if this guide is helpful
Have you bought a counterfeit CD or know of someone selling them. If so you can report them to the British Phonographic Industry Ltd (BPI).

Their details are

BPI Anti Piracy Unit
Riverside Building
County Hall
Westminster Bridge Road

020 7803 1300

The BPI will take the appropriate action against the seller.

There have been a few high profile cases recently of people being caught selling counterfeit goods. The prison sentences being handed down should act as a deterent to would be pirates.

Another idea is to report them to the Inland Revenue for undeclared income. It is highly unlikely that they will be paying the taxes that they should be.

You can report them by calling HMRC on 0800 788 887. Or you can report them at

I hope this mini guide helps.

Have something to share, create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides