Firstly, I must apologise to all those who have purchased these instructions from me over the past few months.
From May this year, Ebay revised their Downloadable Media Policy & decided to ban all digitally delivered items. This meant that the instructions that I have been successfully emailing to people were now banned from being delivered by email. I could have elected to print each set out & post them to buyers, but to be perfectly honest this would be both time consuming & an unnecessary use of resources (printer ink, paper, envelopes etc.) so I decided to simply stop listing in order to be a good boy & comply with the policies.
Unfortunately, not all members are as good at sticking to the rules as myself & several are still listing on a nudge, nudge, wink, wink, "I won’t actually state that I email the instructions even though I do" basis. This guide is dedicated to these members.
It would seem that the only way to make sure everybody sticks to the rules is to make sure that the information is made available to all, so rather than paying for the instructions to be emailed, here they are for free:
These procedures do NOT cover the P38 Range Rover (1995-2002). Also, if you own one of these, please note that the P38 Range Rover can NOT have secondhand keys coded to them. Before you waste a substantial amount purchasing a secondhand key for one, please see the below guide:
Land Rover 1996 (Oval Shape)
1. Ensure ignition is OFF, doors unlocked, bonnet switch closed.
2. Ensure procedure from 3 to 9 is completed within 8 seconds.
3. Switch Ignition ON
4. Switch Ignition OFF
5. Lock Doors and Unlock Doors
6. Release Bonnet Switch
7. Switch Ignition ON
8. Switch Ignition OFF
9. If alarm is set, horn will sound and LED with light. Now programming of plips can be completed.
10. Press and hold down button on plip until LED flashes.
11. Repeat for additional plips.
12. The dash LED will extinguish if both plips have been programmed successfully.
2002 models (BMW remote in key)
1. With the doors shut and from inside the vehicle.
2. Turn ignition to position 1 and back to off within 5 seconds
3. Remove key from ignition and press and hold the unlock button (has an arrow on it) for 15 seconds during this time press the key lock button (has Land Rover logo) 3 times within 5 seconds
4. Release both buttons
5. Doors will lock and unlock to show correct programming has occurred
Freelander (with Rover type 2 button remote)
Unlock the car using the key, then operate the lock button on the handset at least 4 times.
Unlock the car using the key, then press lock & unlock buttons alternately several times
1. Lock car by using key in lock
2. Move out of range and press button on fob for 5 secs.
3. Unlock car door with key but do not open door
4. Standing near the vehicle, press the dotted button 4 times very quickly, the door should lock
5. Then press the unlock button and door should unlock.