MARBLING USING DYLON FABRIC PAINTS
· Dylon Color Fun Fabric Paints can be used with
wallpaper paste to give a unique marbled effect to
1. Mix wallpaper paste to the consistency of yoghurt and pour into a
shallow plastic trough until almost full. Allow to stand for at least 15
2. Cut cotton fabric into pieces smaller than the plastic trough. Wash,
dry and iron fabric.
3. Using an eye dropper or syringe, draw up Color Fun paint from jar and
apply drops of colour onto the surface of the wallpaper paste. Using
several colours gives a more interesting result than monotone.
4. Draw a comb, knitting needle or cocktail stick gently through the surface
of the paste, swirling into patterns.
5. Carefully lower a piece of fabric onto the paste surface. Leave for a few
seconds for the paint to absorb into the fabric and then carefully lift off.
Place fabric flat on a wad of paper to dry.
6. When completely dry, place another cotton cloth over the marbled piece
and iron on a hot setting for 1-2 minutes to fix the colour.
7. Wash by hand in warm soapy water to remove paste from fabric.
Hints for Fabric Marbling:
For best results use on light coloured fabrics. Each piece of marbling will
require another application of paint to the wallpaper paste base. To clean
the base between applications, use a spatula or piece of cardboard to
scrape carefully across the surface of the paste to remove any paint still
lying on the surface of the paste. Every marbled pattern will be unique, with
greater variations being achieved through the use of differing methods of
applying the paint (eg. splattering) and of spreading the paint across the
surface of the paste.