Silk is one of the most vulnerable, yet most elegant materials in the textile world. This vulnerability makes it special and forces you to take special care of clothing made of silk. Remind a few basic rules how to handle a silk tie:
- Unlike a cotton shirt, a silk tie does not like the water very much, it harms the silk. Don´t let water get in touch with your silk tie, if you need to clean it, always dry-clean it.
- When driving your car, wear your silk tie over the seatbelt, don´t let the seatbelt chafe the silk .
- A silk tie does not tend to wrinkle fast, but if it does, never just iron the tie, always use a clean, white cotton towel between tie and iron.
- To maintain the tie in good shape, always unknot it after wearing, do not leave it knoted in your closet, it will quickly loose its shape.
- Store a silk tie rolled or hanging in your closet
If you remind these few basic tips, your silk tie will have a long lifetime in good shape
Maintain your silk tie in good shape
Views 28 Likes Comments Comment
9 June 2008
Have something to share, create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides