The basic need of your skin, the envelope that surrounds your body to protect it, is moisture, Moisture and more MOISTURE.
In order to ensure that your skin keeps looking young and beautiful follow these guidelines:
- Clean your skin at least twice a day with products that suit your skin type namely, normal, dry, oily or combination, not forgetting the sensitive and mature skins.
- See a beauty therapist regularly after the age of 30. Otherwise you can devote some time to the care of your face by doing a facial, see point 7 below.
- Find out what type of skin you have and learn to treat or look after the skin according to its type. If you find that soap dries your skin you should use glycerine soaps and in extreme cases use soap-free creams, such as Aqueous Creams, which both moisturise and clean the skin. After a shower or bath use a moisturiser to trap the moisture in the skin and keep it supple.
- Avoid the sun. This is more easily said than done, specially as if you live in the South West of England where we have an abundance of "Liquid Sunshine", that is Rain. Thus, the first opportunity we we soal the sun. The best way to soak the sun is to apply a barrier cream with an Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 35 or more and then cover your body with a white top, which covers most of your body - see our "Chikan" or "Ari" .eEmbroidered Tops or Kaftans. Please remember that sun also affects the hair and if you have fine hair and they are thinning then it is advisable to cover the head as well - see our Shampoos, Conditioners and Hair Tonics.
- Avoid Smoking. The only way one can do this is when one can say something is more important than one's own life. My husband gave up smoking when our child was born as he said that she would never see him with a cigarette.
- Drink pleanty of water, at least eight (8) glasses, to flush out the toxins from the body. Tea and coffee do not count towards this. Fresh fruit and vegetables, like melon, water melon and cucumber, which contain a lot of water, are useful in flushing out the toxins as well.
- Use a scrub and a face mask once a week. After this apply the appropriate moisturiser.
- Exercise regularly. This is very difficult, but you do not have to go over the top on this as long as you can do about 30 minutes of exercise at least twice a week in the first instance. This does not have to be in one 30 minute session. But lease remember the warm up and cool down, which is also the same duration as the exercise but does not count towards the 30 minute exercise time. The break down should be: 15 minutes warm up - 30 minutes exercise - 15 minutes cool down.
Remember that it is your skin and that it is very precious. Regular care and routine pay rich dividends. Neglect accelerates ageing more than anything else.
Moisturisers 2 in 1 Deep Purifying Mask Hand & Nail Cream Hair Management System
Moisturisers Ari Embroidery Kaftan Chikan Embroidery Kaftan