When going for your first pair, there are a few things to remember:
Different Brands have different sizes and width fittings, try on lots of pairs before you commit to buy!!
- Make sure toe nails are clipped , bring the tights or ballet socks you will be wearing for dance.
- It is best to wear a skirt so the fitter can see the legs when up on pointe, trousers can get in the way when fitting.
- Ask your teacher if you are allowed to use gelle pads or animal wool before buying. Your fitter will ask if you wish to buy these extras. (it makes a huge difference in the size oif your shoes, some teachers do not allow pads of any kind) so don't waste your money!
- Do not be rushed in a fitting, if this is your first pair go to a store to be fitted rather than buy of the net. If you are happy with your new shoes write down the size and the fitting for next time. The size and width soon wear away from the insides.
- A good store will keep a book with customer names and size details so you don't have to worry