Quick guide to Kings / Queens pattern

Views 42 Likes Comments Comment
Like if this guide is helpful

This confuses a lot of people as the 2 patterns are quite similar at first glance, so i thought i'd do a very brief summary! Its not a technical overview of Kings and Queens - just a quick guide so that its easy to spot the difference. Note this applies to Kings & Queens patterns of UK origin. Some USA patterns are named the 'wrong way round'!

Kings Pattern: The shell (also known as 'husk') at the top of the handle is depressed.
Queens Pattern: The shell at the top of the handle is raised. The central part of the handle pattern is also slightly more ornate than Kings


Have something to share, create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides