Here are some basic steps to help you get started selling for other people.
- Sell your stuff first When getting started, it is a wise decision to sell your items first. Not only will you gain valuable experience, but it will be a good resume for your potential clients.
- Create a plan. After you have got your selling feet wet, it is time to share open your business. In order to be successful, you must create a clear and concise plan for your customers. That plan must include:1) A fees and pricing sheet. Decide what percentage of the sale you are going to keep and how much you are going to charge your client. 2) Fulfillment. Make space in your home or office for picture taking, packing and shipping, and storage of your items. Make sure you label each item and catalog it for selling. This will be one of the most important aspescts of your business that can make or break you. 3) Bookkeeping. Make sure you keep good records for your new business. If you cannot do this or don't have the time, hire a bookkeeper.
- Become a Trading Assistant . Becoming a Trading Assistant will give you much credibility as a seller. It is the Powerseller status of selling for others! When you become a Trading Assistant, you will be a part of a program in which eBay will offer you it's help in growing your business. Being recognized as a Trade Assistant, may also bring you some additional business. For more concise info, please visit eBay, go to Services, Trade assistants.
- Customer Service. Great customer service is Paramount! Always communicate with your clients and keep them updated on the status of their items. Make sur they have a good means of contacting you. Send them thank you notes. Ask for referrals. ask for repeat business.
- Keep Your eBay Customers Happy. Don't forget to take care of your eBay customers. Not only is it important to keep your clients happy, but it is equally important to keep your eBayers happy. Give them great Customer Service. Make sure you over deliver. Some good advice when helping customers, is to always remain conscious of how you like being treated as a customer, and apply it to them! They are the lifeline of your new business.