The basics you will need are:
- A turntable or cassette player
- A Computer
- A computer sound card
- A CD burner or other storage medium
- Software or hardware to help clean up any resident noise on the original tracks
Here is the basic process:
- Connect the outputs of your turntable to a phono preamp
- Connect the outputs of your phono preamp to the inputs of your computer's sound card
- Put on a record or tape and record the audio to your computer using some recording software.
- Once the record is on the Computer's hard drive you can then re-arrange the tracks or create your compilation from other recorded sources using your audio recording/CD creation software
- Burn the CD
- Enjoy your archived music!