8 February 2007
Wash & Dye instruction page
For use in automatic front loading machines only.
Suitable fabrics: cotton, linen, viscose and polyester/cotton mixes. Lighter shades on polyester mixes because pure synthetics do not pick up the dye.
One pack will dye up to 500g /1lb of dry weight fabric to the full shade or upto 1kg of fabric to lighter shades or to the full shade if rejuvenating an existing colour.
How to Wash & Dye
1. Wearing rubber gloves, empty Wash & Dye powder into the drum of the washing machine.
2. Put in dry fabric.
3. Immediately run a 40ºC cotton cycle without pre-wash.
4. When programme has finished, add normal washing detergent and run a 40ºC cotton cycle to remove the excess dye from the fabric.
5. Remove fabric and run a final 40ºC cotton cycle with washing detergent to ensure all dye is removed from the machine.
6. Dry fabric away from direct heat and sunlight. Wash separately for the first few washes to remove any excess dye.
• Dyeing may not cover stains, faded areas or bleach marks.
• Some articles may contain polyester stitching which will not dye.
• Fabric with special finishes, e.g. waterproofing or dry clean only, cannot be dyed because the finish prevents absorption of the dye.
• Do not dye more than 1kg/2lbs of fabric with Wash & Dye.
• Always use a whole pack.
• Do not use more than one pack at a time.
• Do not use economy or half load programmes.
• Should any dye be left in the machine after the dyeing process, add a cup of household bleach to the drum, add your usual detergent,
and run the machine empty on a 40ºC cotton programme.
Explore more guides