It has become very normal thing to eBay and many other similar sites that there are a load of fraudsters ready to use them to prey on innocent buyers looking for a bargain online, When coming to buy on ebay here are a few tips to avoid getting caught into such a World Wide Web of Fraudsters.
- Check the sellers date of registration with ebay and make sure they are registered with ebay.co.uk
- Check their feedback anything less than 10 stay away or watch the item you want for a few days to see if the seller gets any good feedbacks to prove that he/she is a genuine seller.
- Never jump into a decision to bid just because the item is listed dead cheap like £0.01p, £0.99p!!!!
- Never buy from a seller not offering paypal as an option as otherwise you cannot go for a claim later if you were cheated.
If at all you get a Bargain and the item arrives Do the following before leaving a feedback.
- Check the item to be genuine and never open it in excitement before checking.
- Make sure it is as described on the listing.
- Try the item and then if satisfied and as described leave a feedback.
One example "I bought a printer cartridge for my printer at a Bargain price, but................ when it arrived I noticed on inspection that it was not as described. I paid for a 38ml tricolor and here came a 19ml?????? See how people are cheated. Immediately I sent a message to the seller He did not respond until I sent another messages stating that I am going to claim NOT AS DESCRIBED then He immediately dispatched another 19ml."
So watchotu for fraudsters in many forms!!!!
Let us make eBay a safe place for ALL.