This Guide is for those who have Windows XP.
If your memory card is not recognizing your flash memory drive. Doing the following can solve it.
1. Start - Control Panel - Performance and Maintenance - Administrative Tools
2. Double click Computer Management
3. Click on Disk Management (in the left Column)
4. Right-click your Memory Stick (appearing in the right column) and choose Format.
5. Enter the name of your memory in "Volume Label"
6. File system should be "FAT"
7. Allocation unit size should stay "Default"
8. Tick "Perform a quick format"
9. Press OK
Now you are done!
Once you have used your memory stick on the computer please follow the following steps to remove it safely.
1. Left click on "Safely Remove Hardware" which can be found at the right hand side.
3. Left click on "Safely remove USB mass storage device "
Now you may remove your memory stick/card.
We hope this article has helped you.
What to do when a memory card, that does'nt work.
Views Comments Comment
18 June 2008
Have something to share, create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides