eBay addicts feel a sense of accomplishment when they discover they are the highest bidder and begin to bid on items they don’t need or even want just so they can experience the rush of winning !
Because of the popularity of eBay and auction sites in general, it is difficult to know if you are dealing with a true addiction
- Ask your self these Questions:
- Have you lied to friends and family members to conceal extent of your online bidding ?
- Find yourself getting up at 3am !, just to be there for the last remaining minutes of an online auction ?
- Have you made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop online bidding ?
- Do you feel restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop online bidding ?
- Do you need to bid with increasing amounts of money in order to achieve the desired rush ?
- Are you thinking about being online when offline, waiting for your next online session ?
- Have you stole money, to feed your bidding ?
- Would you prefer to be bidding than spending time with family and loved ones?
These are signs that you have lost control, lied, or possibly stole money just to support your bidding behavior.
Finding therapists familiar with how to treat Internet addiction is often difficult given that it is a relatively new problem.
- For immediate Help:
Seek Counseling and speak to your Doctor, he/she will point you in the right direction..