eBay is looking for three amateur car restoration projects in the UK. The chosen projects will receive £4,000 each to spend on restoring their vehicle using car parts bought on eBay.co.uk. The three successful entrants will be required to take part in a communications and marketing campaign as we follow their restoration journey and reveal their final completed vehicle at the end.
1. What is the Promotion?
Within the Promotional Period, eligible private users will be able to enter for the opportunity to win an agreement to carry out a classic car restoration project, including £4000 to spend on the project on eBay.co.uk (“Promotion”).
Three successful entrants will be chosen from all the eligible entrants.
2. Who is eligible?
To take part in the Promotion you must be an eBay.co.uk registered private user and a resident of the United Kingdom. Entrants who do not have an eBay account must register for an account on the eBay.co.uk website.
Entrants must be in possession of a valid driving licence allowing them to legally drive the submitted vehicle within the UK. The Entrants are also responsible for ensuring that any additional documentation or regulation needed to drive a vehicle is fulfilled, including but not limited to, insurance, MOT and any applicable taxes. Entrants must be prepared to declare all valid driving endorsements and offences. Entrants with excessive endorsements and offences, as determined by eBay, will not be eligible to participate.
To qualify for the Promotion, the submitted cars must have hit the road no later than 40 years ago (1977 or older) and be a passenger car, a 4-wheel-drive, or a camper (but not a mobile home). Non-exhaustive examples of these are:
- Passenger cars:
- Original Mini
- Jaguar E-Type
- Aston Martin DB5
- Ford Escort MK1
- Jensen FF
- Morris Minor
- MG Midget
- Range Rover MK1
- International Harvester Scout
- Suzuki LJ10
- Toyota Landcrusier
- Ford Baja Bronco
- Fiat Campagnola
- Camper (not mobile homes)
- VW bus
3. When is it?
Entries must be received within the “Promotional Period”, which is from 6 February 2017 00:00:01 until 19 February 2017 23:59:59 (GMT). The restoration must be completed by 10 July 2017.
4. How do I Participate
To enter the Promotion, entrants must email email@example.com with a description of their car (including the year it was made), an outline of the project you intend to undertake in no more than 100 words, and a photo of the car in its current state.
5. Restrictions, Exclusions & Special Terms
- Entrants will be judged upon the quality of their entries, with the criteria being the most exciting projects.
- Limit of one entry per person and per ebay user ID.
- Only entrants whose eBay.co.uk accounts have at least 90% positive feedback will be eligible.
- The three successful entrants must be prepared to take part in all marketing and publicity related to the Promotion, including but not limited to being:
- Filmed and photographed during the restoration process;
- Featured in print and digital articles or other media assets.
- Successful entrants will also be required to enter into a separate contract, in addition to these T&Cs, containing details/restrictions/conditions of the prize and their obligations in relation to, for example, related marketing and publicity.
- Entrants must own the car which is submitted, or obtain written approval from the owner.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants assign all rights in the entries to eBay International AG.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these Terms and Conditions, the conduct or results of the Promotion, or any other matter relating to the Promotion, the decision of eBay shall be final and unchallengeable.
6. Notification of Successful Entrants
- Upon the Promotional Period ending, a shortlist of entrants will be selected. Shortlisted entrants will be invited to a meeting to discuss their proposal (which may be over video-conference) and sent the agreement terms as per the details below.
- The successful entrants will be chosen at the discretion of eBay and an independent judge.
- The successful entrants will be notified by telephone or email within three weeks of the Promotion Period ending, using the email address or phone number registered on the successful entrants’ eBay account. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that their contact details are accurate and up to date.
- If potential successful entrants cannot be contacted within three working days, they will lose any and all entitlement to the prize and eBay reserves the right to select new successful entrants or to let the prize lapse.
- Details of the successful entrants can be obtained from 17 July 2017 by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘eBay Car Challenge Details’ in the subject line.
7. Prize and Restoration Project Agreement
- Successful entrants will be contracted by Launch PR Ltd to carry out the entrant’s vehicle restoration project.
- As part of the agreement, successful entrants will be provided with £4000 towards the restoration project, which must be spent on the eBay.co.uk website. Any requests to spend on a different website must be approved in writing by Launch PR, such approval to be given in Launch PR’s sole discretion. Entrants are not permitted to spend over £4000 on this project.
- The restoration must be completed by 10 July 2017. This date may be changed upon request, at eBay’s sole discretion.
- Restorations must be carried out by the successful entrants. Whereas support from friends and family is allowed, the engagement of professionals for any part of the restoration is not, unless required by applicable law.
- All rights in the publicity media shall be owned by eBay International AG, and eBay International AG shall be free to use the material as it wishes.
8. Exclusion from Participation
- Any attempt to manipulate the Promotion is prohibited and will result in exclusion.
- If eBay has knowledge that an entrant has been involved in any fraudulent or illegal activity on the Site, eBay reserves the right to disqualify that entrant. eBay may also disqualify any entrant that does not act in accordance with these terms and conditions or with the eBay User Agreement and/or any policies that eBay may communicate to you, particularly by breaching any of the eBay selling policies.
9. Limitation of Liability
eBay makes no representations or warranties of any kind regarding any product or service provided by any third party in connection with any Promotion, including but not limited to, any of the items purchased on eBay.co.uk.
eBay shall not be liable, in contract or tort (including negligence) or the breach of statutory duty or in any other way, for the loss or damage howsoever arising suffered by the entrant resulting directly or indirectly from entry to this Promotion. Nothing in these terms shall limit eBay's liability for death, personal injury or fraud arising due to its negligence.
eBay will not be responsible for any third party's performance or failure to perform any services related to any Promotion, or for any costs, damages, accident, delay, injury, loss, expense, or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of the Promotion, provided that nothing shall limit eBay's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
eBay does not accept, and is not responsible for, any lost or delayed entries. eBay reminds entrants of the nature and limitations of the Internet and is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any communications network, online system or computer hardware or software that may affect entry to the Promotion.
eBay reserves the right to suspend, change or cancel this Promotion at any time, in the event of circumstances arising which in eBay's opinion make it necessary for it to do so.
eBay reserves the right to add additional terms and conditions for certain parts of this Promotion. The decision of the eBay regarding any aspect of this Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
eBay may use third parties to facilitate one or more elements of the Promotion.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts over any claim or matter arising under these terms and conditions.
The Promotion is organised by eBay International AG, Helvetiastraße 15-17, 3005 Bern, Switzerland and administered by Launch PR Ltd whose address is at 13-14 Archer St, London, United Kingdom, W1D 7BD.