Here are a few tips to help you get started selling on eBay. By the time you master these eBay selling tips, you should be well on your way to becoming an eBay PowerSeller.
1. A picture IS worth 1000 words - For successful eBay selling, make sure any products you list on eBay are accompanied by professional quality photographs. This plainly means that a photo of the products you are selling on eBay is the key to having bidders and buyers. Sure, you also need to write a thorough and detailed product description but that's not enough. Photos are tangible evidence that there is a product and you, as its seller can be trusted. It’s old-fashioned, really but people dolike to see things before they buy them. Usually, they even base their decisions depending on the picture they saw.
2. Do your eBay research - when you are getting into eBay selling, it is important to spend some time researching before you list a particular product. Research on products that are similar to those items you plan to sell. Follow up the bidding rates staked on them and the starting price set. Researching also informs you what particular items in eBay selling business have high demand. The information you have unearthed through research will help you gauge the interest for your product and help you determine how much your products might be worth.
3. Learn all about shipping - once you enter into the eBay selling scene, shipping is one of the major issues you need to know about. Shipping issues in the eBay selling business are directly under the control of the eBay seller. There are some methods of shipping which are relatively better than others when you're into eBay selling. You need to find the best method of shipping for your product in terms of expense and reliability. Once you come up with the best shipping method, specify that in your eBay productlisting. Of course, don't forget to include the shipping cost as part of the overall shipping information. This information is directed for potential buyers.
4. Pay as much attention to the writing of your eBay product listing as you do to your item's pictures - in eBay selling, you need a powerful eBay product listing. The trick involved is to write strong eBay listing that combine search engine friendly keywords and phrases. Manage to put concrete and thorough details about the product in a way that will entice people to bid on your product. Be honest, though. Indicate exactly what are the products' strenghts and weaknesses. Be truthful if there are damages on the item already. This is a way of building trust in eBay selling. Take the time to craft your eBay listing.
5. Offer a full slate of payment options, including credit cards - in eBay selling, the more payment options you offer to prospective bidders, the more bidders your product will attract. Once you get plenty of bidders placing a bid on your products, you will know that your eBay selling venture is successful.
6. Focus on getting positive feedback first - Feedback really matters in the eBay selling business. Having a consistent record of positive feedback will likely bring you more prospective buyers and more bidders who will make it a habit to always look up and bid on your products and be willing to pay higher prices. Better to hold back on placing high-priced products until you have established a successful track record as an eBay seller.
7. Be business-like - When you get into eBay selling, treat your being an eBay seller seriously. Act professionally and endeavor to always provide the kind of superior customer service that will build your reputation.
8. Seek to provide customer satisfaction in every transaction you do. This will translate itself into, good feedback and increased eBay sales for you!