Be James Bond for the price of a Fiesta!
Very good overall condition both cosmetically and mechanically. Has removable glass roof panel, electric windows and air-con. Subtle cosmetic mod's make this a real head-turner!
Good history with the car, detailing...
- Full documented engine rebuild
- Strip down and respray with photos
- Full gearbox rebuild by Citroen SM specialist (these Esprits use the Citroen-Maserati gearbox)
- New Compmotive split rim alloys with polished lip
- Fully Adjustable suspension (for both ride height and damper setting)
- Galvanised chassis, which is in excellent condition, no rust or damage.
- Interior has been rebuilt with the following:-
reconditioned door panels with custom colouring (leather paint), white bucket seats with 4 point race harnesses, new steering wheel (Momo Quake with custom centre), new gear gator and gear knob, auxiliary gauges replaced with digital items (boost, oil press and water temp), CD / DVD headunit with surround sound system connected to 7" screens in both sunvisors, PacMan joystick in the glovebox (in car entertainment 80's style!)
- Custom side decals designed to match the interior
Body is excellent, with no stress cracks, crazing or rippling but the bonnet does have slight blitering to the front edge due to rusted hinge rivets inside the GRP and the front valance has the obligatory stone chipping but nothing major.
Drives great and all electrics work!
Whilst it's not a totally standard example it's very unique and a real headturner both on the street and at shows. For purists however it would also be very simple to take it back to factory standard as included in the sale are the original seats (black half-leather and in good condition - worth some money on their own), seatbelts, gauges, sunvisors and steering wheel (although this is in quite poor condition). The only thing I don't have is the original stereo or wheels but the Compmotives are period items and do suit the car.
MOT and tax run to July, passing the last MOT first time with no advisories.
- Full and detailed history going back 10 years but a previous owner lost prior records at some point in the past which is a shame but the history with the car however shows an awful lot of pampering and attention in the more recent years.
- Needs a new exhaust centre pipe (wastegate to silencer) as started blowing a little, can be fixed by some welding or £80 for a new stainless pipe
- Water temp gauge over-reads by approx 28 degrees (all the time, not just when hot), this isn't an issue as long as you remember to remove that figure from what it says, there's no overheating issues, elec fans kick in at right time and can happily sit in heavy traffic all day.
- Cam cover gasket leaking oil slightly
Why am I looking to sell? I now have a young family so the car is not going to get used, I need the space (and the cash!) - it is a reluctant sale as it's been my baby - until an actual real one arrived!
I've set a low reserve, it's not concours but I can't give it away, it's set low enough to be a real bargain, this is an honest example and I am a Lotus Owners Club member.
Please contact me via E-Bay if you would like any more details.