Details about 1991 USA FENDER STRATOCASTER PLUS DELUXE VINTAGE STRATSee original listing
19 Jun, 2011 23:24:09 BST
[ 28 bids ]
U.K., United Kingdom
|No. of Strings:||6 string||Size:||4/4|
|Guitar Type:||Electric Guitar||Brand:||Fender|
1991 USA Fender STRATOCASTER Plus Deluxe
Here is my Sunburst Fender Strat Plus Deluxe with Rosewood neck made in the Corona factory USA in 1991. It comes with all the original Strat Plus Deluxe features listed below, except for the Tortoise pickguard and trem cover upgrade ala SRV making it a real stunner!
This lovely example comes in its factory Sunburst finish, as shown in the pictures, in bright light it’s a 3 tone, in normal light it’s a 2 tone Sunburst, so you get the best of both worlds! This one has been looked after and the body is in near mint condition with no scratches or dings, no buckle rash on the back. The neck is clean too, the original frets are good with plenty of life, only showing minimal play wear around the first frets, no need even for a dress. By the neck pocket, there's a bit of lacquer missing (see pic.) all of which give it a nice played in feel. The neck has a really comfortable C profile and the whole thing is medium to light weight! It comes with case, hang tag candy and Trem arm.
This Plus Deluxe is naturally resonant, giving great sustain when plugged in. The Deluxe Laces provide all the zing you need at the top end and give that great Fender warm woody vintage twang that you just don't get with the new generation of Noiseless p.ups which are really thin and brittle compare to the warmer and very smooth Lace Sensors which still maintain the traditional 50’s single coil with a lot of chime and even bell-like tones – quiet, yet louder with a higher output and mid-range boost with a lot of clarity. The TBX tone control rolls off some of the top end and also works on the bridge pickup.
Hardly played in for the last 20 years, it has now achieved “Vintage” status. The Strat Plus is fast becoming sought after by collectors, discontinued since 1998. Difficult to put down and a joy to play, it’s a great sounding well made professional instrument!
It will be carefully packed, extra insurance is advised if only for peace of mind. Personal pickup is available from Cheltenham, Glos.
A Brief History: The Fender Strat Plus model was introduced by Fender in 1987 as the high end production model next to Fender's Custom Shop. These guitars were made to the highest standard in the Corona factory with the best tone woods and components. The Strat Plus Deluxe has all the new design advances of the Original Plus with a higher grade configuration of Fender Lace Sensors pickups (Blue, Silver and Red as opposed to Gold) with a TBX tone control for the middle and bridge pickups, Two-Point Trem-bridge, Hipshot Tremsetter, Wilkinson Roller Nut, Brushed-Finish Schaller staggered Locking Tuners, 22 medium jumbo frets, micro-tilt neck adjustment and the better Bi-flex truss rod . Played by many top guitarists (Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, David Gilmour, Buddy Guy…)
· The Blue Lace Sensor (neck) has increased output compared to the Gold Lace and has a warmer flavor to it, great on a clean amp setting for a powerful, rich, smooth blues, jazz sound.
· The Silver Lace Sensor gives a fatter vintage Strat sound with a little increased output and more midrange. This pickup works great in switch positions #2 and #4 in giving those out-of-phase sound Strats are famous for. With distortion, it can be silky smooth with no raspy edges.
· The Red Lace Sensor (bridge) is the hottest output of the Lace Series, and gives a fat, punchy “humbucker” sound. It has lots of bite and is most often used in the bridge. Some of the Tele Plus' and the Strat Ultras used the Red Lace in a dually configuration, often with a switch to split one of the two pickups off.
· The TBX tone control on the lower tone knob gives the bridge and middle pickup a unique variety of sounds! When the 5-way switch is in the 4th position, by turning the tone control you can get a bell like sound to a honking out-of-phase mid-range sound. Put the switch in position #2 and, you get a quack, or a hollow twang!
· The Hipshot Tremsetter system compensates for string tension. Once set up correctly, and after getting the guitar in tune, they stay in tune. If a string breaks while playing, the Tremsetter will compensate and the guitar will continue to stay in tune.
Please contact me before bidding if you have negative or less than 5 feedbacks or your bid will be cancelled! Do not bid unless you fully intend to complete the transaction. This is a private auction (a private auction allows bidders to remain anonymous and is safer to avoid scams). Non paying bidders will be reported to eBay
Payment method accepted: Cash on collection, Cheque, Postal money order, Bank transfer, PayPal. Please inform me of your payment method within 24 hours of end of auction. Payment is to be made within 3 days of close of auction.
All funds must clear before the goods are dispatched. The buyer is responsible for all shipping, handling & insurance costs. The goods will be well packed.
Please email me if you have any comments or questions before bidding as all sales are final!
No Reserve…Happy Bidding!