Here we have my beloved Ducati Monster M900 for sale.
Bike is in my possession over the past 3 years and it will be very missed.
It has only just been serviced including belts change (original Ducati belts, not cheap Dyco stuff) and MOT'd (no advisories). I took both wheels off, cleaned off hard accessible places and checked all of the bearings. Greased where it should be greased and tighten up what should be tight. Changed the liquids.
I have receipts for parts to prove the service was done. I done it myself, took my time over 2 weeks in the evenings making sure everything is as it should be. I was going to keep the bike for another few years.
Bike flew through the MOT.
Good bits and upgrades:
- shorty Remus cans
- carbon fiber heel guards
- carbon fiber belly pan
- front suspension upgrade: it came from Ducati Monster S4, so it is adjustable and rides much better than the stock
- Renthal bars
- changed grips
- changed mirrors
- foot peg holders were powder coated black 3 years ago (paint rubbed in places )
- LED back light upgrade, much brighter and better looking, smoked glass
- LED back indicators
- small indicators in front
- twin head light
- shorty clutch and brake leavers
- clutch plates have been changed less than 2K miles ago so no worries here
- painted the exhaust pipes mat black exhaust paint (looks much nicer)
- K&N air filter
- both tires still have plenty of life in them
- rear hugger
- META 3 Alarm
- usual Ducati engine paint flaking
- few rusty screws
- small rub on the seat (barely visible and did not get any worse within last 3 years)
- paint flaked on the clutch cover (easy fix, but I kind of like how it looks :))
- crack on the tachometer glass - apparently this is a common fault and those were cracking due to direct sunlight. I don't know if that is true, but I did see plenty of other Monsters having the same fault either on tacho or on the speedometer. It was like this when I got it.
- it is not new, so please do not expect it to be
Overall the bike is in good condition and you can ride it away. I described it as best to my knowledge as I could - any inspection is welcomed prior to bidding. Please remember that you bid to buy not to have a look. Test rides only with cash in my hand and prove of insurance.
I love the looks of the bike and I think the "Dark" model is one of the nicer looking ones. Pictures don't do justice (cloudy day today) and the bike looks much nicer with the rider on it.
Any questions, please ask. Bike can be seen in London, Hammersmith area.
On 01-Jul-14 at 11:14:12 BST, seller added the following information:
Just to let you know, I also have Power Commander for it which will be available to buy to whoever wins the auction. If not needed I will list it later. I just want to give the buyer the first choice.
On 05-Jul-14 at 14:36:10 BST, seller added the following information:
Hello to all of 83 Watchers of my auction!
First of all: thank you for your interest. I can't blame you, if I did not have to I would not sell it either!
I am really happy with the interest that my bike generated, just proves that I have a nice taste :) Don't take my word for it, see for yourself: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36379698/monster%20auction.jpg - this is as of 2pm on Saturday
I hope the person who is going to win the auction will be as happy with the bike as I was.
I will not blab about my reasons for sale, who cares, right? What counts is the bike for sale not my story behind it.
The question that was asked to me was if the bike runs well without the Power Commander mentioned. Yes it does. I actually used it without the PC. I bought the PC used and I never got along to mapping it. Without mapping it makes the bike run a bit rich and I did not like it. Every PC needs to be custom mapped, but if you after one you already know that. Again, don't take my word or it, hear it for yourself:
1. Cold Start:
2. I let it warm up before revving it up a bit so you have an idea what is sounds like:
The reason I post those is because some of you will probably have to make a long journey to pick it up and there are always doubts when buying a used vehicle. Now you can see the bike as you would be here before bidding. Again, it is not new, so please do not expect it to be but I am not asking new bike price. Bike is in good condition for year and millage and I only just spent £££ and A LOT of time servicing it.
Happy bidding guys!
I will be out most of the day tomorrow, but if you are the winner and you are eager to pick it up ASAP please give me a call on 07545278899.
If you want to see it today I will be home most of the day, I was going to have a one last ride, but just look at the weather! :(
Sorry, but no test rides without cash in my hand and prove of insurance. Considering the interest this "test ride deposit" will have to be buy it now price which does not mean you have to buy it for this price - only in case you crash it, then it is what you buy it for. I hope this sounds fair.