Details about MK1 GOLF 1983 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF, mk2, mk3, mk4 polo, corrado, GTISee original listing
“Welcome to my auction for my stunning MK1 Golf GTI. The car is in excellent condition and has been ”... Read more
12 Jan, 2014 20:12:13 GMT
Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller notes:||“Welcome to my auction for my stunning MK1 Golf GTI. The car is in excellent condition and has been recently fully restored with a build thread on the mk1 owner forum. Link has been added.”|
|Reg. Mark:||Get the Vehicle Status Report||Manufacturer:||Volkswagen|
|Drive Side:||Right-hand drive||Metallic Paint:||Yes|
|Safety Features:||Alarm, Immobiliser, Rear seat belts||Reg. Date:||17/06/1983|
|Interior/Comfort Options:||Sunroof||Engine Size:||1,800|
|In-Car Audio:||AM/FM Stereo, CD Player||MOT Expiry:||08/2014|
Welcome to my auction:
For sale, My stunning fully restored mk1 Volkswagen golf GTI. Original Diamond sliver (Paint code L97A) that has been professional laid to a high standard. This includes interior, exterior and the engine bay area. The car was stripped down and had replacement doors, tailgate and wings all of which were in excellent condition. As you can tell by the pictures the cars has been highly detailed highlighting the beautiful shape/lines of the Mk1 Golf GTI.
The restoration has been fully documented on the mk1 golf owners club, that can be view from the link below. Here you'll find all the evidence you shall require to prove the work had been carried out to a high standard as well as giving the new keeper a peace of mind. All photographs take during the build will be placed on a disc for the new keeper.
Many mk1 golfs have been sold over the past few months for silly amounts of money. I have fairly considered all costs, of new parts, labour and time put into this car that will reflect the price accurately.
This is not just a paint job "restored car" - this is a fully documented restorated mk1 golf GTI .............there is a big difference.
Here is a quick breakdown of all the work carried out
The underside was in original excellent condition, with only minor repairs required, these were done professional and not just patched up. It was then zinc primered, seam sealed, rubberised and heavily treated with black hammerite wax oyled, which should easily see it though another 10 or more years.
All four arches have been blasted clean with a hot watered jet wash and scrubbed clean with wire brush were necessary. Any problem areas were dealt with professionally (wire wheel brushed/grinded clean or cut out & welded, military jenolite metal treatment, etch primered / seam sealed, rubberised coated and then painted)
As you can see from the pictures, arches are of high standard and painted silver and then clear wax oyled over the top for protection.
Top mounts, Wishbones, track rod ends, suspension legs& springs have been refurbed, with new custom made anti roll bar brackets, bushes, complemented by new stainless steel bolts and a Mars red painted anti roll bar. Goodridge braided hoses fitted; callipers also have had a light refurb with vented discs. Inner mud guards were also cleaned and finished with new stainless steel holding bolts.
Rear beam has been fully removed & refurbished with a Mars red original anti roll bar, new bushes with custom made stainless steel brackets and new galvanised bolts and washers. It has also had new Goodridge hoses fitted to take away the spongy feel to the brake pedal.
Fuel filler neck had already been replaced by the previous owner. This was still inspected for damage and rot, however was in good condition. This was removed, cleaned and then repainted. All breather pipes to the fuel neck were cleaned and addressed with new stainless steel jubilee clips.
Accumulator and fuel pump brackets were wire brushed clean and treated with military jenolite, before been zinc primered and painted. They also were treated to new rubber bobbins, bolts, washers and nuts.
The exhaust manifold was inspected for cracks, this was in good condition. Middle section and rear exhaust box have been replaced to original factory standards with new clamps and rubber mounts.
This has then been taken to BMTR to be professional adjust and aligned. (no body vibration or knocking)
When the car was brought it was a horrible flip purple colour. The tailgate was de-locked, de-wipered, de-badged and full of filler. This was scraped and an original genuine clean tailgate sourced and refitted.
Doors were in very poor condition. I have seen rusty doors before but these had rotten through to the structure, therefore Scraped also. Good Genuine replacement doors were also sourced and fitted.
Bonnet & wings were in good condition, however needed little bits of bodywork. This was mainly cosmetic scratches and a few small dents.
Wings were cleaned up and the inner sides zinc primered and then painted silver and heavily clear waxed for protection. The outer sides were stripped back to metal and minor dents treated and fixed.
Sunroof was half missing and the actual panel had rotted away in one corner, with perished inner and outer seals.
This was replaced with a clean mk2 golf sunroof, however all seals were replaced with new ones. (Inner and outer)
Mk2 golf sunroof was stripped down and refurbed with new stainless steel screws, re-greased cables and new replaced insert nut as the olds one were either cross threaded or pulled out.
The sunroof aperture had light surface rust which was stripped back and inspected. This all was solid metal however needed treating and prepared for painting.
Gutters/rain channels were cleaned out and resealed.
Top of front panel was replaced as a previous owner converted it to make mk2 rectangle Jetta lights fit. This was also rectified and a genuine front panel welded in.
Classic looking mk1 golf with all original decals replaced. (5 boot pieces, and side strips) Brand new arches with texture effect, brand new front bumper with brackets and new indicator lenses. Rear bumper in very good condition, original patrol cap with flap and internal textured decal replaced.
Refurbed mirrors, A pillar wind deflectors, re-powder coated wiper arms with new washers/bolts & Hella blades, original deep duckbill, refurbed single light front grill with mars red metal trim & new front genuine VW badge, original genuine tailgate badges, new boot lock seal gasket, re-powder coated quarter light dividers & front number plate mounting with new GB number plates and light holders/bulbs. New handle gaskets and re-tumbled locks (ignition key fits all) and original mint tailgate lights.
Original silver and black
Original 9 spoke Tarantula GTI wheels, with good tyres. Wheels have been refurbed to a high standard with a fifth alloy as a spare wheel. Genuine Volkswagen wheel nut black caps and locking wheel nuts finished in high gloss black. Locking wheel nut key has also been galvanised as a finishing touch.
Beautiful original detailed engine bay, which features:-
· Metering head has pressure tested at Hi Tech Motorsport and has been refurbed to a high standard with new galvanised bolts, copper washers, fuel filter holder, jumble clip, lower air box holding clips, new air filter & new polished fuel filter.
· Injector lines have been tested and re-galvanised, silver lines with yellow/gold ends.
· Warm up regulator, pressured tested and internal modified at Hi tech motorsport. It has then been refurbed with new stainless steel engine bolts/washers, galvanised yellow fuel bolts and copper washers.
· Coil refurbed with newly galvanised bracket and bolts.
· Alternator has had new bushes and reconditioned outer casting with mars red stripe.
· Starter motor, striped and refurbed with new bushes.
· Radiator was replaced by previous owner and still looks brand new with fresh pink anti-freeze, powder coated fan cowling, refurbed fan, re-powder coated holding brackets, stainless steel hex bolts, brand new expansion tank with replacement cap & seal, and new thermostat & seal.
· Oil cooler refurbed with new bobbins and stainless steel washers
· Ignition amplifier bracket has been re-powder coated with new hex stainless steel bolts and washers.
· Replacement dizzy with new hall sender and vacuum lines.
· New oil and temperature switches
· Wiper motor has been refurbed. Mechanism had been regressed and detailed.
· Re-powder coated timing belt cover & rocker cover with new gaskets.
· Horn bracket has been re powder coated and the horn itself painted gloss black.
· New alternator, crank pulley & inlet manifold bolts.
· New rotary arm, leads, dizzy cap, alternator drive belt, spark plugs, oil and oil filter. Timing belt was recently changed at 75k.
· Washer bottle has been thoroughly cleaned (looks new) with new plastic piping to washer jet and new blue screen wash fluid.
· Gold plated battery terminals, with new starter motor and alternator cables and earth straps.
· New bonnet stay clip, re-powder coated bonnet stay, refurbed and galvanised bonnet catch and holder, with new release cable.
· Re-Galvanised battery holder, new 13mm stainless steel bolt.
· New middle box and rear exhaust silencer with original style exit pipe.
Engine has been rolling roads tuned at Hi Tech motorsports, K jet specialist and producing a Strong 125bhp @ 150.5IB torque power, with print out graph. Footage of the test can be seen on the restoration build thread.
I have a well organized folder with all work carried out and mountains of receipts. I have the genuine Blue VAG folder with all the booklets & manuals. The previous owner has written a letter backing up the current mileage including his full details as he would like to keep in touch with the new owner. The car is HPI clear (a Full expensive HPI Print out is included), a RAC used vehicle report, various mk1 documentation publishings and of course the V5 logbook in my name.
Vehicle has been valued between 10-8k by mk1 owners & specialists.
The current MOT had 1 advisory for play in the offside ball joint, this has be replaced already.
Vehicle is Taxed & Mot'd and ready to go to its new home. The number plate has been valued at £500 (ricky boy)
Any inspection is welcome before the end of the auction.If you want to arrange this please email or call me on 07960889910.
You are bidding to buy and not to view after the sale. All sales are final and car will need to be picked up within 7 days or discussed before end of sale.
There probably 100 things I have missed off this listing, if you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me.