Details about Rock and pop 78s Collection No. 1Rock and pop 78s Collection No. 1 See original listing
07 May, 2011 15:45:54 BST
[ 1 bid ]
Southsea, United Kingdom
A very nice collection of rock and pop 78s from the fifties. These have been well looked after and are in well above average condition.
1. Lonnie Donegan Skiffle Group. Stewball / Lost John Pye Nixa N 15036 condition : E
2. Don Fox. The mystery of love / Party time Decca F 10955. condition: E
3. Bill haley & his comets. Rocak around the clock / Thirteen women Brunswick 05317 condition: E-
4. Russ Hamilton. Rainbow / We will make love. Oriole CB 1359 condition: E
5. Jimmy Jackson. Build your love / White silver sands Columbia DB 3988. condition: E+
6. The Platters. My prayer / Heaven on earth Mercury MT.120 condition: E
7. Mike Shaun. Mirabelle / Love is a gamble Oriole CB 1336. condition: E
8. Johnnie Ray. Pink sweater angel / Texas tambourine Philips PB 762 condition: E+
9. Jimmie Rodgers. The wizard / Are you really mine. Columbia DB 4175 condition: E
10. Tommy Steele and the steelmen. Knee deep in the blues / Teenage party. Decca F 10849 condition: V+ (no scratches but first greying of grooves apparent)
I will pack carefully to ensure these records reach you safely. I have been sending 78s through the post for many years and never had any breakages so please be confident. Collection in person is also very welcome.
Condition code for 78s
New - guaranteed known to be unplayed, I virtually never use this grade since I play most of the records offered for sale!
E+ (excellent plus) A superb copy with full gloss, unmarked surface, very little sign of any previous use or handling.
E (excellent) Very close to E+, record retains full gloss but may have a few very light inaudible surface marks or scuffs caused by slight handling.
E - (excellent minus) Still in excellent playing condition, record may also show first signs of visible wear and/or have a little more scuffing with possibly a few very light surface scratches
V+ (very good plus) Record shows more signs of use with some general light scuffing and maybe moderate scratches.
V (very good) More wear visible and beginning to sound more on playback, V and V+ are typical grades that might apply to most used 78s in 2010.
V- (very good minus) Wear fairly heavy but still plays with noticeable distortion in places.