All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- Series TitleAstrophysics and Space Science Library
- Series Part/Volume Number401
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note37 black & white illustrations, 32 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight438 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byViki Joergens
- Table Of ContentsThe Theoretical Prediction of the Existence of Brown Dwarfs by Shiv S. Kumar.- Pre-Main Sequence Evolution and the Hydrogen Burning Minimum Mass.- Brown is Not a Color: Introduction of the Term 'Brown Dwarf'.- Teide 1 and the Discovery of Brown Dwarfs.- The Discovery of the First Lithium Brown Dwarf: PPl 15.- Companions of Stars: From Other Stars to Brown Dwarfs to Planets.- Ultracool Objects: L, T, and Y Dwarfs.- Latest News on the Physics of Brown Dwarfs.
- Author BiographyDr. Viki Joergens is research staff scientist at the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy in Heidelberg, Germany. She is also Margarete von Wrangell Fellow and EC Marie Curie Intra-European Fellow. Her research focuses on brown dwarfs and very low-mass stars. She was member of the SOC of several workshops and sessions on brown dwarfs and very low-mass stars.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.82Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.