All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- Author(s)Harvey L. Molotch
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note16 halftones. 1 line illus.
- Weight457 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised & updated ed
- Table Of ContentsPreface to the Paperback Edition ix Preface xvii Acknowledgments xxi Chapter 1 Introduction: Colors of Security 1 Chapter 2 Bare Life: Restroom Anxiety and the Urge for Control 22 Chapter 3 Below the Subway: Taking Care Day In and Day Out with Noah McClain 50 Chapter 4 Wrong-Way Flights: Pushing Humans Away 85 Chapter 5 Forting Up the Skyline: Rebuilding at Ground Zero 128 Chapter 6 Facing Katrina: Illusions of Levee and Compulsion to Build 154 Chapter 7 Conclusion: Radical Ambiguity and the Default to Decency 192 Notes 225 Index 251
- Author BiographyHarvey Molotch is professor of sociology and metropolitan studies at New York University. His other books include the classic Urban Fortunes and the more recent Where Stuff Comes From.
- PrizesWinner of PROSE Awards: Sociology & Social Work 2012. Short-listed for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2013.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.