All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow did slave-owning Southern planters make sense of the transformation of their world in the Civil War era? In this title, the author traces the links that bound them to the wider fraternity of slaveholders in Cuba, Brazil, and elsewhere, and charts their changing political place in the hemisphere.
- Author BiographyMatthew Pratt Guterl is Professor of Africana Studies and American Studies at Brown University.
- Author(s)Matthew Pratt Guterl
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note18 halftones
- Weight295 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £7.47Trending at £7.58
- £6.20Trending at £6.93
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
- £6.77Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.