CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.79
- £30.73Trending at £32.68
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.24
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an overview of the changing face of counseling, from emerging employment opportunities to core competencies for counselors and trainers; a broad range of qualitative and quantitative assessment tools, with guidelines for their selection and interpretation. This title includes case studies, models, and examples throughout.
- Author BiographyDr. Linda Seligman received the Ph.D. degree in Counseling Psychology from Columbia University. She is a faculty member at Walden University and a faculty associate at Johns Hopkins University. In addition, she is a professor emeritus at George Mason University, where she was codirector of the doctoral program in education and head of the graduate program in Counseling. Dr. Seligman is a licensed psychologist and licensed professional counselor. She has experience in a variety of clinical settings, including psychiatric hospitals, community mental health centers, substance abuse treatment programs, foster care, corrections, and private practice. She is currently the Director of the Center for Counseling and Consultation, a private practice with offices in Fairfax, Virginia , and Bethesda, Maryland. Dr. Seligman's research interests include diagnosis and treatment, planning, counseling people with chronic and life-threatening illnesses, and the mind-body-spirit connection. She has completed 10 books, including Selecting Effective Treatments; Technical and Conceptual Skills for Mental Health Professionals; Systems, Strategies, and Skills of Counseling and Psychotherapy; Promoting a Fighting Spirit; and Developmental Career Counseling and Assessment. She also has authored over 50 professional articles and book chapters. In addition, she has lectured throughout the world on diagnosis and treatment planning. Dr. Seligman has been the editor of The Journal of Mental Health Counseling and has served as president of the Virginia Association of Mental Health Counselors. She was selected as a Distinguished Professor by George Mason University and as a Researcher of the Year by the American Mental Health Counselors Association.
- Author(s)Linda Seligman
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication14/07/2004
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitlePower Electronics and Power Systems
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1950 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2004
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.