All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionAvailable in print and online, this monumental work is edited by two leading figures in the field with a distinguished international editorial advisory board to select and assign entries, ensuring authoritative content that readers can trust.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Eklund, PhD, is currently Professor and Chair in Physical Activity and Health in the School of Sport at the University of Stirling in Scotland. Previously, and while working on this encyclopedia, he served as Distinguished Professor of Sport Psychology in the Department of Educational Psychology and Learning Systems at Florida State University. His doctoral degree was earned at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in Exercise and Sport Science with a specialization in sport and exercise psychology. He is a Fellow of both the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the National Academy of Kinesiology (NAK). Dr. Eklund has published more than 75 peer-reviewed articles, co-edited (with Gershon Tenenbaum) the prestigious Handbook of Sport Psychology (3rd ed.), Measurement in Sport and Exercise Psychology, Critical Readings in Sport Psychology, and Critical Readings in Exercise Psychology, in addition to having coauthored two measurement manuals on Flow, and authored or co-authored 12 book chapters in edited sport and exercise psychology compendia. Eklund has presented his research and participated as a keynote lecturer and invited colloquia speaker at numerous conferences worldwide. With regard to professional service to the field, Dr. Eklund is the current Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, the premier journal in the field, and has served in that capacity since January 2003. He has also served as Associate Editor for the Journal of Applied Sport Psychology and Section Editor (Psychology) for Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport. In addition to providing editorial review services for a range of scholarly journals, Eklund presently serves as an editorial/advisory board member for The Sport Psychologist, Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology, Pamukkale Journal of Sport Sciences, and Hacettepe Journal of Sport Sciences. In the past, he has also served on the editorial boards for the Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology and the Journal of Applied Sport Psychology. Gershon Tenenbaum, PhD, is Benjamin S. Bloom Professor of Educational Psychology and Professor of Sport and Exercise Psychology at Florida State University. He is a former director of the Ribstein Center for Research and Sport Medicine at the Wingate Institute in Israel, and coordinator of the graduate program in sport psychology at the University of Southern Queensland, Australia. From 1997 to 2001 he was President of the International Society of Sport Psychology, and from1996-2008 served as Editor of the International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology. He has published extensively in psychology and sport psychology in the areas of expertise and decision making; linking emotions, cognitions, and motor systems; psychometrics; and coping with physical effort experiences. Dr. Tenenbaum has written and edited several books. In 2012 he edited Measurement in Sport and Exercise Psychology (with Robert C. Eklund and Akihito Kamata); Case Studies in Applied Psychophysiology: Neurofeedback and Biofeedback Treatments for Advances in Human Performance (with William A. Edmonds), and the Handbook of Sport Psychology, 3rd Edition (with Robert C. Eklund). Dr. Tenenbaum has received several awards for his academic and scientific achievements, such as the Distinguished Scientific and Research Contributions to Exercise and Sport Psychology Award from the American Psychological Association, Division 47-Exercise and Sport Psychology, The International Society of Sport Psychology (ISSP) Presidential Award, The ISSP Honor Award, The ISSP Distinguished International Scholar Award, and the Journal of Educational Research's Harold E. Mitzel Award for Meritorious Contribution to Educational Practice through Research. He is a member of several professional organizations and a fellow of the American Psychological Association (Division 47), Association for the Advancement of Applied Sport Psychology, and the American Aca
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight3039 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine89 mm
- Edited byGershon Tenenbaum,Robert C. Eklund
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.