CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionDirected by a wealth of case examples, this practical book provides readers with a comprehensive introduction to the methodology of grounded theory.
- Author BiographyMelanie Birks is employed as Professor of Nursing (Teaching and Learning) at James Cook University, a role which serves her passions for education, research and nursing. Her primary focus is on the promotion of scholarship in teaching and learning through mentorship and fostering a culture of research. She has extensive experience in international education, having taught in Hong Kong, Singapore, Papua New Guinea and Malaysia. Her research interests are in the areas of accessibility, innovation, relevance and quality in nursing education to ensure preparation of graduates who are industry-ready and able to make a contribution to the profession. Her commitment to research is reflected in her publication history, which includes numerous journal articles and book chapters. Most recently, she co-authored a qualitative research text for graduate students, Qualitative methodology: A practical guide with Dr Jane Mills. Visit Melanie Birks' website at https://research.jcu.edu.au/portfolio/melanie.birks/ Jane Mills is Associate Professor, Director Centre for Nursing and Midwifery Research and Deputy Dean of the Graduate Research School at James Cook University, Cairns Campus, Australia. In this role Jane works closely with students and academic staff to build research and research education with the intent of creating a brighter future for life in the tropics world-wide through graduates and discoveries that make a difference. Jane's research in in the areas of primary health care, health workforce development, health systems strengthening, and teaching and learning uses both grounded theory and mixed methods. Jane has published extensively in the area of qualitative methodology with her work on grounded theory particularly well received. She has been writing with Melanie for nearly 10 years and together they have produced a number of important peer-reviewed articles and books that have guided students in their own work. Visit Jane Mills' website at http://research.jcu.edu.au/portfolio/jane.mills/.
- Author(s)Jane Mills,Melanie Birks
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication20/12/2010
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date31/12/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight376 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.