All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book argues for the continuing tension across historical contexts between movements emphasizing ritual and movements emphasizing sincerity. Our contemporary age has, at great risk, downplayed the importance of ritual. Drawing on examples from Chinese, Greek, Jewish, and contemporary culture, the book presents an innovative interdisciplinary account of how ritual works.
- Author BiographyAdam B. Seligman is Professor of Religion and Research Associate at the Institute for Culture, Religion, and World Affairs at Boston University. Robert P. Weller is Professor and Chair of the Department of Anthropology and Research Associate at the Institute for Culture, Religion, and World Affairs at Boston University. Michael J. Puett is Professor of Chinese History at Harvard University. Bennett Simon is Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and Training and Supervising Analyst at Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute.
- Author(s)Adam B. Seligman,Bennett Simon,Michael J. Puett,Robert P. Weller
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication20/03/2008
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note17 halftones
- Weight401 g
- Width151 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.05
- £5.34Trending at £6.00
- £12.10Trending at £13.36
- £10.87Trending at £11.71
- £5.70Trending at £7.14
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.