All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTells the remarkable story of the bagel's journey from the tables of seventeenth-century Poland to the freezers of middle America, a story of often surprising connections between a cheap market-day snack and centuries of Polish, Jewish, and American history.
- Author BiographyMaria Balinska is editor of BBC Radio's World Current Affairs department, and a journalist and documentary maker specializing in Eastern Europe and the United States. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Maria Balinska
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication10/07/2009
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.87
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £9.26Trending at £11.41
- £11.50Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.97
- £10.31Trending at £11.47
- £5.70Trending at £7.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.