All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Christian Brechneff first set foot on the Greek island of Sifnos, it was the spring of 1972 and he was a twenty-one-year-old painter searching for artistic inspiration and a quiet place to work. This narrative is about his relationship to Sifnos, writing with warmth about its residents and the house he bought in a hilltop farm village.
- Author BiographyBorn in the Belgian Congo in 1950, Christian Brechneff was educated in Switzerland and the United States (St. Olaf College). In 1975 he received his master of arts degree from the Royal College of Art in London. He has exhibited in Switzerland, Spain, England, Germany, Sri Lanka, and the United States, and his paintings appear in public and private collections all over the world, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Brechneff is also the author of Homage: Encounters with the East, a book of travel drawings published in 2007. He lives in Hadlyme, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Christian Brechneff
- PublisherFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Date of Publication04/02/2015
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Content Note27 black-&-white illustrations/map
- Weight318 g
- Width146 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.49Trending at £9.98
- £5.77Trending at £6.20
- £5.15Trending at £7.24
- £6.99Trending at £9.99
- £5.04Trending at £7.39
- £2.80Trending at £2.92
- £10.45Trending at £10.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.