All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNumbers are vital to so many areas of life: in science, economics, sports, education, and many aspects of everyday life from infancy onwards. This handbook brings together the different research areas that make up the vibrant field of numerical cognition in one comprehensive and authoritative volume.
- Author BiographyRoi Cohen Kadosh is a Wellcome RCD Fellow at the University of Oxford. His work combines basic and applied science, with focus on high level cognitive abilities and cognitive enhancement. At the theoretical level, his work challenges and revises previous theories in mathematical cognition with implications to psychology, neuroscience and education. At the translational level his work is in the forefront in integrating brain stimulation with enhancement of high-level and complex cognitive functions, such as mathematical abilities. His work does not only focus on research but also discusses the ethical implications of his research. He is actively involved in policy making. His pioneering work has received prestigious awards in the fields of neuroscience and psychology, and coverage by leading media channels (e.g., BBC, CNN, Science Magazine, Nature, Scientific American, Time Magazine). Ann Dowker is a University Research Lecturer at the Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, UK. She has carried out extensive research on developmental psychology and individual differences, especially with regard to mathematical learning. Her interests include the effects of culture and language on mathematics; mathematics anxiety; links between neuroscience and education; and the development of intervention programs for children with mathematical difficulties. She is the lead researcher on the Catch Up Numeracy Intervention project.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleOxford Library of Psychology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1994 g
- Width181 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine54 mm
- Edited byAnn Dowker,Roi Cohen Kadosh
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.