The Evolution of the Apple iPhone
Since it was first launched in 2007, the Apple iPhone has grown in power and features, while shrinking significantly in width and weight with each new handset release. The screen has got sharper and larger, with the newest release featuring a screen 25% larger than the previous model. The camera has also improved hugely from just 2mp in the first release to 12mp in the latest handsets.
iPhone ‘S’ models were introduced as updates in between brand new iPhone launches, with the lower price point ‘C’ handsets introduced with the iPhone 5 in September 2013.
iPhone 7 Features
The iPhone 7 puts so many features into the palm of your hand that it functions as your phone, camera, music player, media viewer, map and games console in one.
With the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, you can:
- Not worry about water – the handsets are waterproof, with an IP67 rating
- Take premium pictures – photographs, HD video or slow motion video with the 12MP wide angle and telephoto lens camera
- Connect to the internet – via WiFi or 3/4G
- Update your social media profiles – via Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter
- Stream media – watch your favourite TV, films and videos
- Listen to music wirelessly – either streamed or downloaded from Apple’s iTunes store, through the new infra-red AirPods
- Play games – with thousands available on the App Store
- Get directions – including audio sat nav using GPS
- Ask for help – using Siri as your digital personal assistant
- FaceTime – enjoy face to face calls with your friends and family
- Use the lightest phone yet – weighing just 138g
- Choose from 5 colourways – choose rose gold, gold, black, jet black or silver
- Explore iOS 10 – the instinctive iOS uses a framework called Metal, resulting in smooth, sharp, responsive graphics
- Enjoy improved storage capacity – entry level handsets include 32GB of memory
- Use your phone for longer – the new A10 Fusion chip provide the longest iPhone battery life yet