Shop by Form Factor
Shop by Bus Speed
Great prices on popular products
Save on 2GB Computer RAM
- 2GB RAM MEMORY FOR Acer Aspire 5100 5110£16.01Trending at £16.50
- 2GB RAM Memory for Dell Vostro 230 Mini Tower (DDR3-10600 - Non-ECC)£12.84Trending at £13.06
- 2GB RAM Memory DDR2 PC2-5300 / U667MHZ DIMM memory 240-pin PC memory U0£3.02Trending at £3.53
- 2GB RAM Memory for Asus P5E WS Professional (DDR2-6400 - ECC)£13.30Trending at £13.70
- 2GB RAM Memory for Acer Aspire Revo R3700 (DDR3-10600)£12.98Trending at £13.21
- Additional memory 2GB PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHZ only for Desktop AMD memory E3D1£3.12Trending at £3.15
Hot this week
- 2GB PC3-10600 DDR3-1333 Desktop 2048MB Non-ECC PC Memory RAM 1X2GB WORKING£7.8010 left
- 4gb Kit 2x 2GB Mid 2007 Apple Macbook Pro iMac Mac Mini PC2-5300 667 Memory Ram£13.6332 sold
- New 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 SODIMM Laptop Notebook Memory RAM 200 Pin£11.9831 sold
- 4 GB 2x2GB DDR2 PC2-6400 6400U DDR2-800 MHZ MEMORY DIMM PC DESKTOP RAM 240 PIN£13.4929 sold
- 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 DDR2-800 MHZ MEMORY DIMM PC DESKTOP RAM AMD 240 PIN£6.9923 sold
- Atech 4GB Kit Lot 2x 2GB PC2-6400 6400 DDR2 DDR-2 800mhz 800 Desktop Memory RAM£13.6319 sold
- Generic 4GB DDR2 (2 x 2GB Modules) PC2 5300S 667MHz 200 Pin SODIMM£14.9918 sold
- 4GB 2x 2GB New Micron PC2-5300 DDR2-667 Mhz 200pin Sodimm Laptop Memory Module£10.5015 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- Nanya 2GB RAM memory 2Rx8 PC2 6400E-666-13-G1 NT2GT72U8PD0BY-AD ECC£1.50+ £2.00 postageMake offer
- 4GB Adata 1333 DDR3 non-ECC Desktop PC RAM (2x 2GB Sticks)£20.00Free postageMake offer
2GB Computer RAM
Random Access Memory, or RAM for short, is the temporary memory that stores the programs, applications and operating systems that are currently running on a computer .
RAM physically takes the form of component cards that can be slotted into the motherboard. 2GB computer RAM is one of the most popular cards on the market, although sizes range up to 8GB RAM .
A quick and cost-effective upgrade, adding RAM increases the speed of which your computer can handle different processes simultaneously. This allows you to run more programmes at the same time.
Your computer's processor takes data from your hard drive and moves it to RAM for short-term use. It then accesses the memory to run programs. The more RAM you have onboard, the faster the computer will operate and you can run more programs and applications. Think of your hard drive as your computer's long-term memory and RAM as its short-term memory.
Do I need more RAM?
You may find that your computer is struggling to undertake certain tasks, such as running multiple programs. If your computer has become slow and freezes a lot, then it may need more memory to handle the applications it's trying to run.
Types of 2GB RAM
There is more than one type of 2GB RAM available, with RAM cards being either DDR2, DDR3 or DDR4. DDR3 RAM is the current standard and DDR2 is its predecessor. If your computer is fairly new, then DDR3 is the RAM type you should aim for, whereas older machines will be compatible with DDR2. DDR4 is the latest version of DDR and is used in the newest machines.
Remember to check your motherboard's documentation before you buy. It will tell you which RAM cards are compatible with it. Check for DDR type, pin number and memory speed. This will allow you to make the correct purchase for your computer.