How to Choose a 7-inch Android Tablet for Your Unique Needs
No 7-inch Android tablet is ideal for all users. Some are designed simply to watch movies and provide internet access, while others are primed for connecting to a TV via an HDMI cable. Some are adequate replacements for desktops, while others limit software options too much to act as workstations. When you choose a tablet, you must keep in mind your reasons for getting one.Which features suit a work-based tablet?
Your 7-inch tablet needs to support the software you use to share files with colleagues. If the price of the tablet you’re interested in has been reduced because of its lack of compatibility, it’s unlikely to serve your day-to-day office needs.
- Look for a 7-inch Android tablet with at least 500GB of storage space.
- If you’re in the market for a designer-label tablet, Samsung, Asus, and Surface Pro are often ranked ahead of others in reviews.
- A media consumption device doesn’t need to be top-of-the-line, but if you’re using it to input orders and process payments, you’ll need an operating system that supports your company’s software.
- The most convenient tablet for corporate use will have keyboard and stylus support to convert a mobile tablet into a desktop computer.
When it comes to a 7-inch tablet for families, durable casings for mobile and child-friendly usage are important. A tablet for family use has rubber bumpers, parental controls, and an interface suited to young users. Well designed hardware adds just as much user-friendliness, so don’t ignore it.
- Tablets that prove popular for home usage offer Google Play access so that parents can easily download games and educational apps.
- The inclusion of a stylus helps teach younger children fine motor skills.
- The industry's typical, cheap 7-inch tablet has between 8 and 16GB of storage. 128GB will suit larger families, while 256GB is generally only necessary for home entertainment or work needs.
A cheaper tablet serves users who need little more than an online reading device. High-end 7-inch offerings cater to a number of different user requirements through specs such as:
- 256GB of storage for large files, software, and movies.
- Surround sound and Dolby audio support.
- Proximity and other sensors.
- Resolution up to 2560 x 1600 pixels.
- Up to 13-megapixel camera with LED flash.