- for MacBook Pro A1502 13.3" Full Assembly LED Screen WQXGA UK SELLER£11.90 New£7.91 Used
- Apple Official Power Adapter Extension Cable Mk122b/a (uk Plug) for Macbooks£10.00 New£7.00 Used
Hot this week
- Apple Mac Pro PCI-E Mac Pro G5 6pin 6-Pin Video Graphics Card Power Cable£3.006 left
- BRAND NEW Apple iMac Power Cable, Power Lead - UK Plug - 1.8m White 2013 - 2017£14.007 left
- Genuine Apple iMac Power Cable Lead - UK/1.8m White Volex£11.999 sold
- Apple Mac PCI-E Mac Pro G5 6pin 6-Pin Video Graphics Card Power Cable£3.995 sold
- Genuine Apple iMac Power Cable Lead - UK/1.8m White - UK Vat Inc - FreePost£13.954 sold
- Apple Mac PCIE Cable for Mac Pro Graphics Power Cable 6 pin to 8 pin 6-8pin£3.984 sold
- Apple US American Chinese plug adapter converter for Mac Book IPhone Ipad Ipod£2.993 sold
- Proxima1 Apple iPhone 6 6S Plus 5S 5C iPad Lightning Sync Charger USB Data Cable£4.992 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
Apple Computer Power Cables and Connectors
Power adapters for Apple Mac notebooks come in various wattages: 29W, 45W, 60W, 61W, 85W, and 87W. The model of your Apple laptop will determine which can be used to charge your system. Using a higher wattage adapter for your laptop will work as long as it is compatible, but this does not make the system charge faster.
MagSafe and MagSafe 2
If tugged, the magnetic connector of the MagSafe and MagSafe 2 will disconnect safely to prevent the laptop from being dragged along and helps to avoid accidents. The magnetic connector also aids guiding the charger it into its respective charging port for a quick and secure connection.
When plugged in, the LED located in the connector will light up to indicate the battery level of the system. Amber shows that the laptop is charging and green signifies that the laptop is fully charged.
The adapter is designed for convenience as the DC cable can be wound neatly around it to make it compact and perfect for travel purposes. For maximum cord length, an AC cord is provided and for an easy travel option, the AC wall adapter, that is also included, can be used.
If you own an older MagSafe adapter, it is possible to purchase a MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter to use on a newer Apple Mac computer that use MagSafe 2.
The MacBook Retina 12-inch introduced in early 2015, MacBook Pro models from early 2016 and onwards use the newly introduced USB-C power adapter and cable. The advantages of a USB-C cable include being faster, more powerful and serves as a tool that is both flexible and reversible unlike previous USB cables.
The 29W USB-C power adapter can be used with the MacBook Retina 12-inch laptops from both early 2015 and 2016. The 61W is for both 13-inch MacBook Pro models from late 2016. Lastly, the 87W is used with the 15-inch MacBook Pro released in late 2016.