Basket & Pot Liners
Basket and pot liners are used to line hanging baskets to provide both drainage and water retention for the benefit of plants.
On occasion, they may also be used to prolong the life of a basket made from organic material that perishes after prolonged exposure to moisture.
Different Types Of Basket & Pot Liners
- Co-co liners - made from recycled coconut fibres and commonly combined with a latex coating, co-co liners commonly are shaped to fit into a basket or pot. Various sizes and shapes are available.
- Water storage gel liners - gel liners have crystals inside that absorb water and retain it, providing a supply of water for the plants that have access to the gel. These liners are commonly used in low maintenance gardens, or in situations where people are unable to water plants for an extended period of time
- Flat coconut liners - a flattened coconut half designed to line a garden basket, acting in the same way as a co-co liner
- Multi-liners - commonly made from various different materials such as jute and sisal and usually supplied in rolls. These can be used in a variety of outdoor locations such as flower beds, baskets and troughs and are suited to wet weather conditions
- Pulp liners - made from recycled material, commonly sold in a ready to use basket shape
The Benefits Of Basket & Pot Liners
- Particular basket and pot liners help to maintain a plant whilst you’re away on holiday and unable to provide constant water for the plant
- Basket and pot liners provide a good base source of material for soil to sit on and plants to root into
- Rolls of plant liner help with various aspects of commercial and domestic gardening