Browse Freely with a Bluetooth Mouse
A Bluetooth mouse is a convenient option for those using computers at home and at work. With a much longer range than a traditional wired mouse, it can be used to control a computer linked to your TV or meeting room screen, giving you flexibility over where you would like to control the computer from. There are many brands and models of wireless mice on eBay for you to choose from.How long does the battery last on a Bluetooth mouse?
Bluetooth mice generally last for between 12 to 36 months before running out of power, though exact battery life will depend on environmental factors, intensity, and frequency of use. Some mice use replaceable alkaline batteries so you can just switch out the batteries when you run out, or they may have a rechargeable, internal battery that can be used many times.Can a single mouse control multiple computers?
Yes. There are manufacturers that produce specialised mice for use with several computers at once. While budget models only support up to two simultaneous devices, premium versions can support up to three computers. Simply pair each individual computer with a different selection on the mouse and you will be able to switch between computers at the click of a button.What is the difference between Bluetooth types?
From Bluetooth 1.0 to Bluetooth 5.0, these Bluetooth versions range from being installed on economical, legacy mice to models with sophisticated features. All later Bluetooth versions on computers are backwards compatible with wireless mice using a previous version of Bluetooth. Here are the primary differences between the Bluetooth versions:
- 1.0: The maximum data rate of 1 Mbps is sufficient for keyboard and mice but considered slow for file transfers. This first generation technology only uses basic Bluetooth technology.
- 2.0: Transfers at up to 3 Mbps and provides reliable device pairing between accessories produced by different manufacturers. It uses basic and enhanced data rate technologies.
- 3.0: Can use the 802.11 Wi-Fi channel in the physical layer to transfer information at up to 24 Mbps. It has basic, enhanced data rate, and high-speed technologies.
- 4.0: Includes all the technologies available in previous generations, in addition to low energy technology to connect to low rate devices so it can aggregate more information.
- 5.0: The extended range of up to 240 metres is useful in making a Bluetooth mouse truly mobile.