Shop by Compatible Brand
Shop by Type
Save on Camera Flash Diffusers
- MagMod MagSphere£52.20Trending at £55.01
- MagMod MagBeam Kit£116.99Trending at £131.03
- MagMod MagGrid£36.00Trending at £39.94
- MagMod MagSnoot£52.20Trending at £57.86
- FNEEWER Foldable Flash Light Diffuser Softbox for Canon Nikon Sony DSLR UD#15£2.60Trending at £2.65
- Godox AD-S17 Wide Angle Soft Focus Shade Dome Diffuser for AD-180 AD-360 Flash£10.32Trending at £10.52
- Rogue Diffusion Panel for the Flashbender - Large£15.68Trending at £16.97
- 12pcs Flash Diffuser Lighting Gel Color card correct Pop up Filter For Speedlite£1.15Trending at £2.32
Hot this week
- 3 Color Flash Bounce Diffuser for Godox V850 V860 II TT685 TT685s TT600s TT600£2.604 left
- Camera Softbox Flash Light Soft Bounce Diffuser Lumiquest Accessories£0.9910 left
- Flash Bounce Diffuser Soft Cover for YONGNUO YN560/YN560 II/YN560 III/YN560 IV£1.008 sold
- Soft Screen Pop Up Flash Diffuser for DSLR Camera Canon Nikon Sony Pentax UK£1.996 sold
- Yongnuo Flash Diffuser Bounce cover for Flash Speedlite Unit YN600EX-RT & II£1.996 sold
- Neewer Universal Foldable Flash Light Diffuser Softbox for Canon Nikon Sony DSLR£2.606 sold
- New Flash Diffuser cover for Yongnuo Speedlite YN600EX-RT II Flashgun£1.515 sold
- Camera SB700 Flash Diffuser Flash Speedlight For Nikon SB700 flash H8C1£1.295 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
Camera Flash Diffusers
In many conditions, using a camera flash diffuser can be integral to creating a good quality photograph. The diffuser spreads out harsh light, creating a more natural light that will not wash out the subject. A diffuser can also be used to direct light in one particular place.
The benefits of using a diffuser
Flash diffusers tone down harsh light by spreading it out, meaning that photos are more likely to come out better for a range of reasons. With less shadows on faces, people look more natural. The diffuser also gives a better impression of natural light, even when a subject is shot inside, under low-light conditions.
Types of diffuser
Bounce diffusers are the most simple type of diffuser. They are a semi-opaque device that fits over the camera's flash and spreads out the light. This makes them a popular choice for wedding photography, where there is no time to set up each shot carefully.
Mini softboxes offer enhanced light diffusion, directing light up and down as well as generally spreading it around the room. The soft box fits over the flash and has reflective side and back walls. This type of diffuser can also be used with continuous light sources, like fluorescent lamps. These diffusers are more bulky than others.
Camera snoots are a long cylindrical tube, shaped like a loud speaker. They are designed to control where the flash goes, bathing the subject in light, but stopping it from falling on other parts of the scene.
Wide angle diffusers look like an umbrella and are seen frequently seen in photography shoots. This shape helps to spread the light out on wide-angled shots. Not all wide angled diffusers are this big, or this shape, but often have a similar circular dome shape in order to spread the light out.
Diffusers are produced by a range of brands, including Canon, Nikon, Sony and Nissin, which are all established lighting suppliers. Make sure to check the compatibility of your camera model if shopping or a fitted diffuser.