Shop by Compatible Brand
Shop by Brand
Save on Camera Monopods
- VANGUARD VEO AM-264TR MONOPOD WITH 3 LEG STABILISER£74.99Trending at £78.00
- Kenro Photo Monopod kit KENTR301 With Ball head 301, In London£47.99Trending at £51.26
- VELBON UP-400 Monopod£19.99Trending at £27.12
- Hama Monopod Star 78 for Cameras / DSLR£15.92Trending at £16.19
- Camera Flex Tripod Z Pan Tilt Bracket Head Solution Photography Studio Stand New£9.88Trending at £12.19
- For Xiaomi Yi Sports Action Camera Monopod Selfie Stick Remote Control Bluetooth£16.26Trending at £18.74
- Selfie Stick for Gopro Waterproof Extendable Handheld Adjustable Telescoping ...£9.10Trending at £10.43
- SELFIE STICK MONOPOD TELESCOPIC MOBILE SMART PHONE IPHONE SAMSUNG CAMERA HANDLE£3.95Trending at £5.18
- SIRUI P326 MonopodTrending price£91.52 New
- SIRUI EP 224s Monopod With Spider 20 Degree Tilt MAXIMUM Load 8 Kg/carbonTrending price£200.15 New
- Vanguard Veo Am 264tr Aluminium Monopod With Tri FeetTrending price£75.05 New
- Monopod Selfie Stick Telescopic Wired One Easy to Use for iPhone 6s 6 5c 4sTrending price£5.39 New
- Velbon Monopod Ultra Stick Super 8 8stage Large 30mm Aluminum 408334. JapanTrending price£41.99 New
- Camlink CMP1 MonopodTrending price£14.01 New
- Professional Camera Monopod 4 Section 1.7m 1780mmTrending price£14.92 New
- Hama Star 78 MonopodTrending price£15.00 New
- Zomei Q666 Portable Magnesium Alloy Digital Camera Traveling Tripod Monopod DSLR£54.80
- 100% New In Box Manfrotto MMXPROA5 XPRO LAND 5 Sections Aluminium Monopod UK£109.00
- QZSD Q999C Professional Foldable Fiber DSLR Camera Tripod Monopod with Ball Head£106.55
- ZOMEI Z688 Tripod Magnesium Alloy Monopod with Ball Head for DSLR Camera S2U4£45.25
- Q999C Compact Portable Traveling Fold Tripod Monopod Stand Photography for DSLR£87.99
- 5x(Anti-slip Tripod Stand Desktop Handle Monopod for Smartphone Camera Cam O5S4£272.78
- 100% New Genuine Manfrotto MK055XPRO3-3W 3-Way Head Aluminium 3 Section Tripod£329.00
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
A monopod, also known as a unipod, is a single pole that is used to help support a camera so that less camera shake is detected and slower shutter speeds can be used with focal length lenses.
Camera monopods can be standard or collapsible for ease of carrying and are quick to set up. Using a monopod eliminates camera shake in the vertical axis, but when used to form a bipod it can also reduce any horizontal motion. However, it is not possible for a monopod to support a camera independently, which may limit the shutter speed that can be used.
A beltpod can be used whereby the foot of the monopod rests against the photographer's belt, ensuring that the camera is not in motion in relation to the body.
Using a special adaptor, a monopod can be converted to a chestpod. This will keep the camera steadier but also mobile and is used in videography when the photographer has to move with the subject. A ball swivel allows the photographer to tilt and pan the camera whilst the monopod remains still.
A strap that fixes to either side of the camera when it is attached to the monopod and slipped around the photographer's body below the arms will help to keep the monopod steady when placed on the ground and stop it falling forward. Alternatively, a wrist strap can be used on the camera.
Attaching a camera
There are two ways to attach a camera to a monopod. It can be screwed into the base of the camera and is suitable for use with smaller, light lenses . When using heavier, longer lenses it is advisable to fix the monopod to the lens with a tripod mount ring which will provide better stability and balance, and stop the monopod from rotating in your hand.
There is a range of monopod fixing heads available. A ball head offers the most flexibility, enabling the camera to be angled and adjusted to accommodate the slope of the monopod.
Most monopods are made from a lightweight carbon fibre for ease of movement, but fixing a camera on top will make it heavier. Collapsible monopods reduce to a convenient size for ease of transportation and can be fitted into or onto a range of camera cases and bags. It is portable, quick and easy to set up, and is suitable for stabilising long, telephoto lenses.