Cat toys come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes and they are the number one way to keep your feline friend occupied while encouraging them to exercise.
Whether you’ve got time to actively play with your cat or want to make sure they’re always entertained, there are toys to suit every home and lifestyle.
Types of cat toys
- Laser pointer An interactive game that will encourage your cat to chase and pounce for an illuminated marker. They come in a range of sizes with an array of animations, such as mice and the original laser pen red dot. Some allow you to point the laser and play with the cat yourself, while others have automatic functions for easy use.
- Balls They’re available in every shape and size, with options for LED lights, soft foam, fun seasonal shapes and more.
- Activity toys Designed to keep your cat healthy and occupied, this section includes plush toys, mazes and scratch posts. Many of the activity toys are infused with catnip, providing your cat an encouraging reward for playing, while others will stimulate their natural hunting instincts.
- Cat teaser Teasers range from simple toys dangling on a stick to more elaborate mouse chaser games.
- Tunnel/bag – These tunnels provide a brand new area for your cat to play in and explore. They’re easy to fold and put away, coming in a variety of different sizes.
Benefits of playing with your cat with toys
- Bonding Using activity games and teasing toys is a great way to boost your relationship with your pet and to get to know them better.
- Stimulation An entertained cat is a happy cat and keeping them amused with a toy means they’re less likely to get bored and find mischief elsewhere.
- Health A balance of diet and exercise is essential to keep your cat healthy. Using toys is a simple way to make sure your pet stays active and slim.
- Building confidence Many cats will refuse to play with other pets or hide away from their owners. Toys are a fantastic way to bring them out of their shell and show them that they’re an important part of the family