Everything You Need to Know About Buying Citroen Classic Cars
If you like to drive classic cars, you probably want a fun ride to get you around town. Citroen classic cars afford you the ability to enjoy the styling of a classic French car. On eBay, you can choose from different models, years, colours, and features of Citroen classic cars for sale at reasonable prices.Classic Citroen car features
Even if you're a 'car person', you might not know about the features of old Citroen cars for sale, including:
- Electric fuel injection: This provides a steady flow of fuel to the engine.
- Galvanised steel chassis: This reduces rust and corrosion when the underside of the chassis is exposed to automotive fluids and deicing agents.
- Extended top: Some Citroen vans feature an extended interior compartment, making it taller.
- Food truck or service conversion: Some old Citroen vans and pick-ups may be converted for use as a food truck or service truck.
- Bubble arch: The roofline of the Citroen classic car features a vintage bubble shape.
The available body types of old Citroen classic cars include vans, such as their classic H Van manufactured between 1947 and 1981. They also produced convertible body styles, including their 2CV model. The saloon style features an extended length bonnet, and their DS and 2CV classic cars are available in this style. The hatchback is another option and includes the XM and Saxo. Older Citroen HY vans are also available in a pick-up style.Citroen classic car specifications
Whether you get a Saxo or 2CV, you'll need to know the car's specifications. Though you should always check Citroen's site for details, Citroen cars can range in the following:
- Engine size: This ranges from 1.3 to 3.9 litres.
- Transmission: Select a four- to six-speed manual transmission.
- Vehicle mileage: The range is less than 20,000 kilometres to more than 150,000 kilometres.
- Models: The options include 2CV, C4, DS, H Van, Saxo, SM, and XM.
- Wheelbase length: This ranges from 2.38 to 2.91 metres.
When you're shopping for a cool Citroen classic car, consider its:
- Model year: This ranges from 1924 to 2007.
- Colour: Options include beige, black, brown, grey, white, yellow, red, blue, and green.
- Fuel type: Select one that runs on diesel or petrol.
- Doors: Older Citroens have two to five doors.
- Drive side: Select a left-hand or right-hand drive side.