Clothing & Shoes for Dogs
Not all dogs are equal, particularly when it comes to the thickness of their coats. Dogs that love to spend time outdoors can feel the chill on a cold and blustery day. If they’re used to being indoors most of the time clothing can help them acclimatise to the extreme weather.
Differences between dog jumpers, hoodies, coats and bandanas
- Jumpers – Dog jumpers and sweaters are perfect for keeping dogs cosy during the winter months. These jumpsuit style doggie garments are cut close to the body for complete freedom of movement
- Hoodies – Warm and fleecy hoodies have a jumpsuit cut with the added benefits of a built-in hood
- Rain coats – Traditional style rain coats provide lightweight, waterproof coverage from the neck to the tail
- Bandanas/scarves – Trendy bandanas are designed to slip around your dog’s neck for street style
The benefits of clothing for dogs
Dog clothing can be comforting and protective, and can also be worn to reduce habits like licking, scratching and chewing.
Clothing can also help to stop the dander that irritates humans who are allergic to dogs.
Different types of dog clothing
- Jumpers – Jumpsuits, jumpers and sweaters for dogs are mostly hand knitted or made from snuggly fleece. The all-in-one is perfect for the smaller size pooch
- Hoodies – On trend sweatshirt hoodies give your dog a distinctive style whilst ensuring they are warm. The practical outfit is also available in fleece
- Rain coats – Outdoor dog coats and jackets are usually lined and are made from waterproof fabric, for maximum benefits and coverage
- Bandanas – Stylish bandanas and scarves casually tie around the dog’s neck
- Hi Viz Reflective Safety Vest – Lightweight and fluorescent yellow, this vest ensures your furry friend is safe when out walking after dark
- Boots – Winter dog shoes provide pavement grip in wet, icy and snowy conditions and also keep paws warm
- Socks – Cotton and nylon blend non-slip pet socks prevent your dog from scratching your furniture and wood floors