- Viali Men VM Victory EDT 106 Halal Fragrance Smell Alike Spray Perfume 30mlTrending price£8.00 New
- Calvin Klein Euphoria for Men Eau De Toilette Spray 20ml FragranceTrending price£2.69 New
- Anaya Women AW Gold Aw1 EDT 101 Halal Fragrance Smell Alike Spray Perfume 30mlTrending price£8.40 New
- Elizabeth Arden Sunflower Dream Petals Eau De Toilette 100mlTrending price£11.74 New
- Viali Men VM Gold EDT 101 Halal Fragrance Smell Alike Spray Perfume 30mlTrending price£8.41 New
- Viali VM Man 115 Alternative to Givenchy Gentlemen 30ml EDT Perfume SprayTrending price£8.40 New
- Viali VM Innocent 121 Alternative to Gucci Guilty for Him 30ml EDT Perfume SprayTrending price£8.41 New
- Viali Men VM Gio EDT 113 Halal Fragrance Smell Alike Spray Perfume 30mlTrending price£7.99 New
Hot this week
- 6ml EMPTY GLASS ROLL ON BOTTLE LIQUIDS ESSENTIAL PERFUME OIL REFILABLE NEW£0.995 left
- Pretty Heart Shaped Antique Silver Glass Perfume Bottle with stopper #700258£8.995 left
- Perfume Pod Clear Refillable Perfume Atomiser with Spray Assourted Colours 5ml£6.496 left
- Fashion Perfume Bottle Hanging Air Freshener Fragrance Bottle Car Accessory UK£1.074 sold
- 10 ML EMPTY GLASS ROLL ON BOTTLES LIQUIDS ESSENTIAL & PERFUME OIL REFILLABLE£1.994 sold
- fashion gift children Light bulb bottle Plastic bottle shaped Drink Cup MW£0.993 sold
- 15ML Empty Roll On Bottle Plastic Ball Liquids Essential Oil Perfume Container£0.993 sold
- Anaya Perfume Spray Collection Designer Fragrance Alternative 30ml EDT for Women£9.992 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- MAPPIN & WEBB (JNM) Cut Glass & SILVER Scent Decanter 1885£280.00Free postageMake offer
Collectable Perfume Bottles and Pots
Perfume enthusiasts are sure to find that iconic name or design among collectable perfume bottles and pots.
The vessel which holds a perfume is considered a work of art with the bottle thought to be as valuable as its contents. Sometimes a scent will be bought for its attractive bottle as much as for the scent it holds if not more so. Perfume bottles have become collectors' items for many reasons. For instance the collectable perfume may not be on sale anymore, the perfume may now be sold in a newly designed bottle making the older version hard to find and they may be emblazoned with an iconic signature or be a legendary design.
Perfume pots were first used in ancient times and the ancient Egyptians would store scent in clay pots, while the Romans had glass bottles to house their fragrances. The Art Nouveau trend of the late 1800s meant perfumes bottles were styled with floral labels and boxing. In the 1920s geometric art deco and crystal baccarat bottles became popular. After World War II other perfumes , by Christian Dior and Nina Ricci were introduced in elaborate bottles.Lalique and baccarat designed some of the iconic bottles of the 20th century and are the names behind some of the best quality perfume bottles today.
Among the perfume bottles designed by Lalique is the 1932 Je Reviens and a collector could find a vintage bottle bearing the Lalique name on the base. Empty Chanel No 5 bottles are much sought after by collectors as the iconic bottle has undergone many changes since it was launched in 1921. A Chanel No 5 bottle can be dated by the appearance of its bottle. From the 1920s until 1951 the small O in No had a dot underneath a bottle from 1970 to 1987 will be marked with the word perfume underneath the fragrance name, in 1988 this word became Parfum and in 1987 the words Paris or New York were added.
Whether you're collecting due to an appreciation of the shapes and artistic designs, or for the rarity, collectable perfume bottles and pots has a rich history and there are a wealth of different items.